Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
sebhoff

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by sebhoff »

Ahh - on the Telegram channel of Foreign Ministry it says "Due to maintenance work on the system, issuance of electronic visas has been temporarily suspended from 6 September 2021."
Maybe they successfully completed their maintenance... ;-)
0 x

nikagoes

Post by nikagoes »

Tearing my hair out over here in Kyrgyzstan!! What does that mean? That i can get a visa on arrival? Do I need a LOI? Oy vey
0 x

FMBailey2021

Post by FMBailey2021 »

Got my e-visa! I applied on August 25 and got the payment issue message. Payment (Sberbank card) finally went through on August 30, then got the email that my application would be considered within 3 working days. Got my visa 4 working days later (Sept 6).
0 x

roadsilk

Post by roadsilk »

Congratulations to everyone who got their e-visa now, looks like Uzbekistan will not issue them in the future:

https://uz.sputniknews.ru/20210907/uzbe ... 03994.html

What a stress. I just hope that those already issued are still valid. :shock:
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

The message from the MFA suggests this has to to with technical issues and not with a general (corona-induced) freeze on e-visas.
Given that I have seen more reports from people who have finally managed to pay for a visa online yesterday, I suspect that this suspension is already over. It would fit the picture - first there are weeks during which nothing works, and no official announcements are made, and then they let everybody know they are fixing things by the time it is already fixed.
Sebastian
0 x

htcone

Post by htcone »

hello
I have been told that Ministry of affairs has temporarily stopped issuing LOI to Pakistani, Indian and African countries citizen.
Many tour operators have confirmed this
0 x

halfmanhalffish

Post by halfmanhalffish »

I received my E-Visa today. Processing time was one day.
0 x

nikagoes

Post by nikagoes »

How much is the Visa on Arrival? Do I need an LOI?

Thank you.
0 x

Kgund77

Post by Kgund77 »

Hi! Traveling to Uzbekistan tonight from New York via Istanbul and hit some hiccups with CVS COVID testing, which is resulting in my friend needing to take a rapid RT-PCR at a clinic that isn’t on that “approved list of labs” that Uzbekistan put out earlier this summer. A tour company has reassured me testing from a non-listed lab is fine, but I just wanted to confirm with someone who has entered Uzbekistan recently from the US that no one is checking to make sure your test is from an “approved” lab?

It also helps that the “approved labs” list appears to have crashed when I click the link provided on the US embassy page, which makes me think they definitely don’t matter, but it would be good to hear from someone who’s entered recently.

Thanks!
0 x

Xarlitong

Post by Xarlitong »

Your PCR test result must have a QR code to verify the test. Very important! However no one verifies the result. It’s all optics!
0 x