Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
ArtsyVandelay

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

^ I second this. When I traveled, my test was from a lab not on THAT list. As long as it has a QR code and your airline has no objections to it, you’ll be fine.
0 x

roadsilk

Post by roadsilk »

Good luck to anyone travelling.

Does anyone have an idea of how feasible a Tashkent - Khujand - Tashkent trip is these days? Would like to visit Khujand (Tajikistan). How many PCR tests will I need? :lol:
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Just heard from another person who crossed the Dostyk land border from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan today. He confirms that you don't need to have a PCR test with you; you'll be asked to do a rapid antigen-test at the border. This costs 130,000 som and it can only be paid in cash (som) - so make sure you get some local currency before you cross. Results take 10-15 minutes. It was easy and painless.
1 x

Gianluca90

Post by Gianluca90 »

sebhoff wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:30 pm
Just heard from another person who crossed the Dostyk land border from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan today. He confirms that you don't need to have a PCR test with you; you'll be asked to do a rapid antigen-test at the border. This costs 130,000 som and it can only be paid in cash (som) - so make sure you get some local currency before you cross. Results take 10-15 minutes. It was easy and painless.
sebhoff, do you mean 130,000 uzbeki som? I plan to cross tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, then I guess I should get some uzbeki som here in Kyrgyzstan
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Gianluca90 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:20 pm
sebhoff, do you mean 130,000 uzbeki som? I plan to cross tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, then I guess I should get some uzbeki som here in Kyrgyzstan
Yes - Uzbek som. 130,000 Kyrgyz som would be 1300€. :o
There are exchange offices at the border, I heard.
Sebastian
0 x

simeon-x

Post by simeon-x »

Hi,
Crossed Dostuk border from KG to UZ last week. You don’t need PCR, there is mandatory Rapid test for 130.000 UZS. You can pay with KGS on reasonable rate. If you need to change KGS to UZS, best option is near Osh Bazaar.
1 x

Gianluca90

Post by Gianluca90 »

Just an update guys, I crossed the border around 3:00 am on the 15/09/2021, everything went smoothly. Probably because of the time I did not do the Covid test, the immigration officer just gave me a certificate of negativity from the clinic that is supposed to do the test, which is kind of crazy... Anyway, I am fully vaccinated
2 x

dereiziger

Post by dereiziger »

Xarlitong wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:25 am
Your PCR test result must have a QR code to verify the test. Very important! However no one verifies the result. It’s all optics!
Mine did not have a QR code and i was fine. I flew Turkish Airlines from Los Angeles and in the flight between Istanbul dbs Tashkent they even have a piece of paper that you could fill out your test results in the case of those who did not have a printed copy of the results.
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Just found this: http://www.uzembassy.uk/news/731?language=en
This is in line with recent reports about procedures at land borders. Also, there are now also some reports that you don't have to sign a self-isolation form anymore. And there was a tweet by the Uzbekistan Tourism Ambassador that independent tourists no longer have to self-isolate (well, as if they had been doing it...) if you are vaccinated.
Sebastian
0 x

RD1993

Post by RD1993 »

Flew in from bishkek...pcr test is stamped before immigration and is a formality...they barely even read it before stamping it.

The 14day quarantine form strikes me as the same. The guy takes it and then stamps the passport there is zero chance this will be enforced
0 x