Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
roadsilk
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:31 pm
x 2
x 10

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by roadsilk »

Entry into Tashkent this morning via Istanbul (Turkish Airlines) was quite easy for me.

In the airplane, you are given two pieces of paper. On one, you note down the details of your PCR test (who did it, when..). The other is the notorious "acknowledgement" where you sign that you will be in self-isolation for 14 days.

Upon landing, buses take you to the terminal. In the terminal, you turn left (it's quite chaotic at this point), and hand over the two pieces of paper you were given on the plane, along with your printed-out PCR test, to people working there in little booths. They stamp the PCR test.

You then go to the passport control. For me, the border guard did not care to see my PCR test again, nor did he want to collect the self-isolation form.

That's it. Happy to answer questions.
2 x

dereiziger
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by dereiziger »

Any indication of what happens if you don't have a printed copy of the PCR test? I'm not sure I'll be able to get one printed out if I have a rapid PCR test done at the airport before boarding the plane.
0 x

roadsilk
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:31 pm
x 2
x 10

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by roadsilk »

I don't think they would like that very much. Where are you flying from? In Istanbul they didn't let people board without a printed PCR test.
0 x

dereiziger
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by dereiziger »

roadsilk wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:31 pm
I don't think they would like that very much. Where are you flying from? In Istanbul they didn't let people board without a printed PCR test.
I begin my journey in Minneapolis and fly to Los Angeles, now on Tuesday. I'm going to stop and get a test before i depart since it's free for Minnesota residents. Then I'm in LA tuesday night and Wednesday night and fly to Istanbul Thursday evening. If the results come back Thursday morning (generally within 48 hrs) i can get a printed copy from a print center.
0 x

ArtsyVandelay
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:04 pm
x 6
x 11

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

dereiziger wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:18 pm
roadsilk wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:31 pm
I don't think they would like that very much. Where are you flying from? In Istanbul they didn't let people board without a printed PCR test.
I begin my journey in Minneapolis and fly to Los Angeles, now on Tuesday. I'm going to stop and get a test before i depart since it's free for Minnesota residents. Then I'm in LA tuesday night and Wednesday night and fly to Istanbul Thursday evening. If the results come back Thursday morning (generally within 48 hrs) i can get a printed copy from a print center.
Former Minnesotan here. Oh how I miss Surly and Fulton brews.

I’d feel a lot more comfortable traveling with a printed result. When I visited this past April, everyone was carrying a printed out result.

Safe travels !
Last edited by ArtsyVandelay on Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

ArtsyVandelay
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:04 pm
x 6
x 11

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

htcone wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:25 am
ArtsyVandelay wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:29 am
Checked in with a tour operator in UZ and apparently it’s true that Indians and Pakistanis can’t enter ATM without a quarantine package.
Source | tour operators :D

These are trusted peeps who have arranged my visa a couple of times and from what I observed during my last trip to Uzbekistan, most locals are quite honest. On more than one occasion, I mistakenly handed the shopkeepers a lot more money than I owed and each time, they returned it saying I owed a lot less.
0 x

dereiziger
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by dereiziger »

ArtsyVandelay wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:39 pm
dereiziger wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:18 pm
roadsilk wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:31 pm
I don't think they would like that very much. Where are you flying from? In Istanbul they didn't let people board without a printed PCR test.
I begin my journey in Minneapolis and fly to Los Angeles, now on Tuesday. I'm going to stop and get a test before i depart since it's free for Minnesota residents. Then I'm in LA tuesday night and Wednesday night and fly to Istanbul Thursday evening. If the results come back Thursday morning (generally within 48 hrs) i can get a printed copy from a print center.
Former Minnesotan here. Oh how I miss Surly and Fulton brews.

I’d feel a lot more comfortable traveling with a printed result. When I visited this past April, everyone was carrying a printed out result.

Safe travels !
Always a small world. I meet people who have lived in or currently live in Minnesota everywhere! I once met a couple in Buenos Aires who actually lived 5 blocks from my apartment.

I'll try and get a print out. Probably shouldn't be too difficult before i get to the airport, as long as the test comes back on time.

Where do you live now?
0 x

ArtsyVandelay
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:04 pm
x 6
x 11

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

dereiziger wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:49 pm
ArtsyVandelay wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:39 pm
dereiziger wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:18 pm


I begin my journey in Minneapolis and fly to Los Angeles, now on Tuesday. I'm going to stop and get a test before i depart since it's free for Minnesota residents. Then I'm in LA tuesday night and Wednesday night and fly to Istanbul Thursday evening. If the results come back Thursday morning (generally within 48 hrs) i can get a printed copy from a print center.
Former Minnesotan here. Oh how I miss Surly and Fulton brews.

I’d feel a lot more comfortable traveling with a printed result. When I visited this past April, everyone was carrying a printed out result.

Safe travels !
Always a small world. I meet people who have lived in or currently live in Minnesota everywhere! I once met a couple in Buenos Aires who actually lived 5 blocks from my apartment.

I'll try and get a print out. Probably shouldn't be too difficult before i get to the airport, as long as the test comes back on time.

Where do you live now?
I am originally from Pakistan. Moved to the States to attend college in Minnesota and ended up staying there a decade. Then spent another couple of years in NYC before moving back to my home country a couple of years ago.

Yeah man Minnesotans are everywhere. I remember meeting a guy in a hostel in Northern Thailand and it turned out his dad was my boss back when I worked in Minneapolis. Once, I was in Siem Reap and stumbled in to a bar. Turns out the owner lived on the same street in Uptown Minneapolis where I lived. And there have been several other instances where I have ran in to Minnesotans all around the world.

I spent a couple of weeks in Tashkent back in April so if you have any questions, ask away.
0 x

roadsilk
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:31 pm
x 2
x 10

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by roadsilk »

American fiancée finally received her LOI to get a visa on arrival in Tashkent. Anyone know how much money she needs to bring to the airport? $240?

Our e-visa application is also still being processed, hope that doesn't end up throwing a spanner in the works ........
1 x

roadsilk
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:31 pm
x 2
x 10

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by roadsilk »

Aaand we got our e-visa. So they are definitely being issued.
2 x

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post