Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
roadsilk

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by roadsilk »

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Great to hear that a US J&J card was accepted without problems - thats what we will be travelling on. 8-)

Will report back on Friday ...
0 x

nikagoes

Post by nikagoes »

kenmtraveller wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:08 pm
Is the Uzbek e-visa site still down? I just tried to get an e-visa via the service on this website (iVisa) and get the message
"We are unable to accept applications for the Uzbekistan eVisa due to a technical issue on the provider's website. Please try again later."

I'm an American tourist in Istanbul, hoping to visit friends who live in Tashkent.
Were you able to get it in Istanbul?
0 x

Condor

Post by Condor »

sebhoff wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:40 am
Crossed the Dostuk border this morning - and I can confirm what has been described before: rapid test for 130000 som, no hassle whatsoever. I saw a few people fighting against having the test done through their nose. In the end, the medical staff on site gave up and just swabbed their throat instead.
The immigration guy first had to ask a colleague about that strange German passport before stamping it - I guess they don’t see that many tourists at the moment.
Sebastian
Interesting. Was planning on going to a gov't lab in Osh tomorrow for the test before heading to Dostyk. Any idea of the hours of availability for the border rapid test? I read that the border is open 24/7, and might want to cross at an odd hour.
0 x

roadsilk

Post by roadsilk »

Just left UZ to Berlin via Istanbul. In Tashkent, nobody wanted to see anything - neither the vaccination card, nor a PCR test (not even the digital registration on entry for Germany).
1 x

dereiziger

Post by dereiziger »

roadsilk wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:32 am
Just left UZ to Berlin via Istanbul. In Tashkent, nobody wanted to see anything - neither the vaccination card, nor a PCR test (not even the digital registration on entry for Germany).
That's very interesting. I fly tonight from Tashkent to the US via Istanbul. Wonder if I'm have the same experience.

Arriving from Bishkek yesterday no one at arrivals asked about the test. Only at departure in Bishkek south Uzbekistan Airways.
0 x

PanNL

Post by PanNL »

At Tashkent airport now boarding a flight to Amsterdam via Istanbul. During check in they did ask for PCR tests, but showing our EU vaccination certificate was also fine. Make sure you are at the airport at least 2,5 hours in advance, because check in is very chaotic.
1 x

htcone

Post by htcone »

Anyone has information when are they going to open a visa for Pakistani nationals ?
0 x

sheepbuttfat

Post by sheepbuttfat »

Is there any word on the evisa system reopening anytime soon?
0 x

raspberrysoda

Post by raspberrysoda »

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm planning on flying to Uzbekistan (the first country in my central Asia trip) in late April. The UZ corona site stated that everyone coming in from my country is subjected to a ten day lockdown. Do you think anything will change until my planned flight date? And is it discussable considering the fact I already had my third dose?

Thanks in advance.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi raspberrysoda,

please see the coronavirus page for that: https://caravanistan.com/coronavirus/#q ... e-measures

There is no quarantine.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D