Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
wanneeke

Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by wanneeke »

Uzbekistan re-open border from 0ctober 1st: does anybody know how's traveling now in Uzbekistan after re-open the border (from 1st october) ? Are there at the moment red zones with travel restrictions or is it possible/allowed to go everywhere in the country (solo traveler - male - European). Are busses and trains running in normal operation?

I am doubting .. go or not go (because of Covid-19 problems) ???
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan re-open border from 0ctober 1st

Post by steven »

I haven't been able to get any consistent info out of the country. I have heard everything from "everything is fine" to "it's really bad". So no idea really.

I will ask around, though. Will get back to you asap.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Here's what I got:

Yes, trains are operating, museums open, buses between cities are operating but not as regular as 2019.
0 x

sofizmat

Post by sofizmat »

Hello everybody,
I am really keen to go to Uzbekistan for Easter.
However, it is not clear to me, on what conditions exactly the re-opened the borders.
I find confusing information on different websites.

generally I understand that:
- UK is a red country now and for them 72h PCR + 14 quarantine applies
- yellow countries (EU in general) - 72h PCR and a signed commitment (???) to quarantine

The question is very simple: do yellow need to quarantine or not?

Many thanks if anybody has acces to a realiable info.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I'll ask. Situation is indeed completely unclear, and likely to remain so. I am guessing at the moment that you need to home quarantine, but I don't know if that is checked.

Edit: here's the answer -

The list for red/yellow/green is here: https://uzbekistan.travel/en/o/covid-19-in-uzbekistan/

This is the official current list though it will need to be updated soon, given current situation in EU. The zones refer to the country you are arriving from or have visited in the last 14 days, not to it country of citizenship.

There is a quarantine exemption (not mentioned on this page) for those on the Red list if they travel on an organised group tour of 5-15 people.

In short, if coming from a yellow country you need to home quarantine for 14 days.
0 x

sofizmat

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by sofizmat »

Thanks Steven,

This is exactly the website, I took my info from.
I am yellow (Belgium) on PL passport.
The website says:
If there is no certificate of passing the PCR-test for COVID-19, these passengers take samples for the PCR-test at their own expense at the airport after arrival and fill out a form of agreement for 14-day self-isolation.

So, my understanding is, I do not have 14-days isolation?
Well, the RU version is equally unclear :(

Anyway, if from your sources it looks that still I need to home quarantine, than pity ...

thanks and all the best in 2021 - I truly hope to get to Central Asia as miss it a lot!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

If I look on the foreign affairs websites from UK and US, it says yellow zone is 14 days home quarantine. I prefer to believe those guys. I heard from the Uzbekistan Tourism Ambassador on Twitter (she is a good source of info btw, you can message her), that the list will be updated soon. So it could be that you buy a plane ticket and suddenly find yourself in the red zone (14 day hospital quarantine). :-(
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

I would assume that when you sign an agreement to quarantine for 14 days, they expect you to actually quarantine for 14 days. For those who have been in red countries, I expect they either enforce the quarantine in specific locales or check up on you to make sure you're actually quarantining.
0 x

ArtsyVandelay

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

I am planning a trip to Uzbekistan in March/April. I need a LOI to apply for a visa and I asked the people who will be issuing the LOI if there is a quarantine of any sort upon arrival and they said as long I have a negative PCR which is not older than 72 hours, I wouldn't be subjected to any quarantine of any sort upon my arrival. I called up the embassy in my home country and asked them the same question and they gave me the same answer. For those wondering, I'm from Pakistan which isn't in the green or yellow list of countries.

Also, I happen to know someone from India who is based in U.A.E., who travelled to Uzbekistan a few weeks ago and wasn't subjected to any sort of a quarantine or anything along those lines. He did, of course, have to get tested before his departure though.

Just figured I'd share this on here.

I am still not sure whether I should visit in March or April though. A lot of uncertainty.
0 x

larvoire

Post by larvoire »

Hey!

Like everyone else, I'm struggling to get some reliable information on travelling safely to Uzbekistan during the Covid outbreak. It's very possible I have to go there in February for filming a documentary, but this might get cancelled if I have to isolate for 14 days as they'll need me to work already.

One the Uzbekistan.travel website, I found this line in the post dated to today (18.01.21 - https://uzbekistan.travel/en/o/covid-19-in-uzbekistan/ ):
"With a negative test result made at the airport of Uzbekistan, passengers can freely go to the city, with a positive one for a 14-day quarantine, which can be carried out both in the quarantine zone or in the hotel."

Can I really travel free if my test is negative?
So does anyone has any additional info? I'll try calling the embassy also tomorrow to figure it out!

thaaanks!
1 x