Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
Kacper

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by Kacper »

Those restriction seems to be weird.

I suppose visit in July/August is becoming questionable. Anyone has any info how does it affect tourists traffic (despite tourists are excluded from this restriction :roll: ).
0 x

AlejandroRothriquez

Post by AlejandroRothriquez »

Hi there, does anybody know about crossing the land border from Tajikistan into Uzbekistan? Officially it's closed but is it at all possible?
0 x

frunze

Post by frunze »

Kacper wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:51 pm
Those restriction seems to be weird.

I suppose visit in July/August is becoming questionable. Anyone has any info how does it affect tourists traffic (despite tourists are excluded from this restriction :roll: ).
Normally the best option in an out of greater Tashkent are trains and planes anyway. The only thing that really affects tourists are the bars and restaurants closing at 20.00
0 x

ArtsyVandelay

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

Spoke to a friend in Tashkent who said that the 8 pm restriction is in effect but several places do remain open till 11 or so while operating under the radar. As a tourist who was planning to visit Tashkent in August, this restriction does put me off a bit. While I don't consider Tashkent a party destination, the last time I was there I did spend most of my nights out at bars and hookah lounges till late at night so I guess wait a bit and see how things pan out before planning my travels.
1 x

alafghani

Post by alafghani »

I have arrived in Tashkent two days ago. No problem with entrance at the airport, I had my covid PCR test checked briefly and stamped (polish passport). Within 20 from arriving I was out of the airport. The 14-days quarantine does not seem enforced practically though I had to fill a form they had given me on the plane and show it to the border control.

Restaurants do close at 8 PM but some of them remain open for longer and you can order food for takeaway.
1 x

ccc

Post by ccc »

@alafghani did they ask you at the airport and in the hotel to show PCR test?
0 x

Jay_Jay

Post by Jay_Jay »

hey everyone :)
My flight from Frankfurt to Tashkent departs in 6 days but there are still so many things that worry me:

1) Some people on the Internet still say that you have to do a 14 day quarantine after you arrived in Uz. Is that really true? I’m fully vaccinated and I will have a negative pcr test with me. I don’t get it why I should go into a quarantine…

2) do you really have to wear a face mask all the time when you’re outside? 😐

3) I want to travel around with the train. Is it necessary to present a negative test result every time you want to use the train? 😦

Greetings
JJ
0 x

alafghani

Post by alafghani »

ccc wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:22 pm
@alafghani did they ask you at the airport and in the hotel to show PCR test?
As I said, they checked the PCR test at the airport. At the hotel no one cares.

I would say most people outside don't wear a mask/wear it on their chin. Inside it depends, police officers remind you to wear a mask when you enter the metro, but I've still seen many people not wearing it/wearing it improperly. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Tomorrow I'll be taking a train to Samarkand. I would be shocked if they asked for a covid test there.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

AlejandroRothriquez wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:17 am
Hi there, does anybody know about crossing the land border from Tajikistan into Uzbekistan? Officially it's closed but is it at all possible?
Border crossings with Tajikistan have been confirmed open for tourists. See the coronavirus page for a round-up of the latest news and more details (click the blue button at the top of the page).
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

For people whose nationality isn't on the visa-free list: The e-visa system seems to have been suspended again - see
Sebastian
0 x