Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
dereiziger

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by dereiziger »

sebhoff wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 am
Just found this: http://www.uzembassy.uk/news/731?language=en
This is in line with recent reports about procedures at land borders. Also, there are now also some reports that you don't have to sign a self-isolation form anymore. And there was a tweet by the Uzbekistan Tourism Ambassador that independent tourists no longer have to self-isolate (well, as if they had been doing it...) if you are vaccinated.
Sebastian
Yes, I read about this also on the website. Strangely enough it is NOT posted to the main mfa.uz website.

This country is very frustrating with regards to communication.

Are you in Uzbekistan now? I've been here already one week. I'm enjoying it so far.
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

No - not yet. Will be there in 2 weeks... Finally!
0 x

Kgund77

Post by Kgund77 »

Just reporting back: had no trouble entering with PCR tests that weren’t from the “list” of labs, didn’t need a QR code, and they barely even looked at it before stamping it. Very easy - flew from Newark through Istanbul to Tashkent and back. I’m not even sure they collected our quarantine self-isolation form.

One interesting thing is that an Uzbek travel agency we were working with for some excursions while in Uzbekistan told us you are not even allowed to fly out of Tashkent Airport without a PCR test, regardless of whether the destination you are flying to requires one. We had been planning to do proctored self-tests online that are accepted by the US for reentry (the BinaxNow ones that I’ve recently successfully re-entered the US with from elsewhere), but since these are antigen and not PCR, after hearing this information we decided to get $30 PCRs in Tashkent to be safe. Unclear if Tashkent Airport actually is enforcing this “rule” since they just checked our PCRs at the check-in counter like everywhere else, but our travel agency seemed adamant that you can’t fly *anywhere* without a PCR.
0 x

PanNL

Post by PanNL »

According to the UZ tourism ambassador on Twitter, a negative PCR test is no longer required to leave the country.
But I can understand there is confusion about it. I would also advise printing out information from your country's government website to prove you do not need a test to return (if that is the case in your country, of course).
0 x

kenmtraveller

Post by kenmtraveller »

Is the Uzbek e-visa site still down? I just tried to get an e-visa via the service on this website (iVisa) and get the message
"We are unable to accept applications for the Uzbekistan eVisa due to a technical issue on the provider's website. Please try again later."

I'm an American tourist in Istanbul, hoping to visit friends who live in Tashkent.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

In Istanbul there is a Uzbekistán consulate. Try to get the visa there.
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Crossed the Dostuk border this morning - and I can confirm what has been described before: rapid test for 130000 som, no hassle whatsoever. I saw a few people fighting against having the test done through their nose. In the end, the medical staff on site gave up and just swabbed their throat instead.
The immigration guy first had to ask a colleague about that strange German passport before stamping it - I guess they don’t see that many tourists at the moment.
Sebastian
0 x

roadsilk

Post by roadsilk »

PanNL wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:11 am
According to the UZ tourism ambassador on Twitter, a negative PCR test is no longer required to leave the country.
But I can understand there is confusion about it. I would also advise printing out information from your country's government website to prove you do not need a test to return (if that is the case in your country, of course).
Very curious about this - has someone managed to leave UZB without doing a PCR test? My destination country does not require one (since I am vaccinated), and it would save me a lot of time & money not to have to do a PCR test in Tashkent before.
0 x

RD1993

Post by RD1993 »

roadsilk wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:35 am
PanNL wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:11 am
Very curious about this - has someone managed to leave UZB without doing a PCR test? My destination country does not require one (since I am vaccinated), and it would save me a lot of time & money not to have to do a PCR test in Tashkent before.
At the gate now, US j&j vax card was enough to check in for an uzbek air direct flight to tbilisi
0 x

Jen

Post by Jen »

Another confirmation that the PCR on departure is not needed. Our hotel told us, resolutely, that a negative PCR was indeed needed for leaving the country, regardless of destination. But we were sceptical.

Called the airport, no answer. Asked at other hotels (even called the Hyatt to ask them), still no answer (the guy at the Hyatt was like, “they keep changing and we never know”). Finally came to think of Uzbek Airways and called them, got ahold of someone who told us that no, no need for a test result if your destination doesn’t ask for it.

The next day when checking in at the airport, they didn’t even mention it. Neither did they check if we had a proof of vaccination (we were going to Istanbul with Turkish). And it looked like no one else in line was asked to show something either, not that we could see.
Last edited by Jen on Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 x