Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
Luk.debock

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by Luk.debock »

I would like to thank everybody who posted info regarding the quarantine form. Along with the actual situation in neighbouring country Afghanistan and the low vaccination degree in UZ, I took yesterday the very tough decision to cancel my flights to UZ (departure was foreseen ... tomorrow :-( ).
It was the 2nd time I am cancelling the trip I have been looking for such a long time ... Hopefully next year ?
I am wishing good luck to everybody taking the risk. Have a good time in UZ!
0 x

htcone

Post by htcone »

ArtsyVandelay wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:44 pm
htcone wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:25 am
ArtsyVandelay wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:29 am
Checked in with a tour operator in UZ and apparently it’s true that Indians and Pakistanis can’t enter ATM without a quarantine package.
Source | tour operators :D

These are trusted peeps who have arranged my visa a couple of times and from what I observed during my last trip to Uzbekistan, most locals are quite honest. On more than one occasion, I mistakenly handed the shopkeepers a lot more money than I owed and each time, they returned it saying I owed a lot less.
i have spoken to the people who have been there recently from Pakistan and there is nothing much like that... only thing is expat from KSA and UAE
are cash cow for them right now because of KSA and UAE ban Pakistan direct flights and they are flew back to KSA and UAE through Uzbekistan.. now LOI alone does not seem to be a profitable to them, thats way they want you to pay 15 days hotel stay ,does not matter if you stay or not. !!!
0 x

ArtsyVandelay

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

htcone wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:13 am
ArtsyVandelay wrote:
htcone wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:25 am

Source | tour operators :D

These are trusted peeps who have arranged my visa a couple of times and from what I observed during my last trip to Uzbekistan, most locals are quite honest. On more than one occasion, I mistakenly handed the shopkeepers a lot more money than I owed and each time, they returned it saying I owed a lot less.
i have spoken to the people who have been there recently from Pakistan and there is nothing much like that... only thing is expat from KSA and UAE
are cash cow for them right now because of KSA and UAE ban Pakistan direct flights and they are flew back to KSA and UAE through Uzbekistan.. now LOI alone does not seem to be a profitable to them, thats way they want you to pay 15 days hotel stay ,does not matter if you stay or not. !!!
Okay. That is good to know. I may just end up going then
0 x

htcone

Post by htcone »

ArtsyVandelay wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:33 am
htcone wrote:
ArtsyVandelay wrote:

you will have hard time getting LOI alone..
0 x

ArtsyVandelay

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

htcone wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:59 am
ArtsyVandelay wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:33 am
htcone wrote:

you will have hard time getting LOI alone..
Already have a visa
0 x

gauravk1

Post by gauravk1 »

htcone wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:12 am
Hello Good people out there !
I am a Pakistani national travelling from Lahore PAKSITAN, I have been told by the tour agent that i need to buy a quarantine package of 14 days from them otherwise no entry , as there is a specific rules apply only for Indian and Pakistani tourist from 10th of August onwards..
Any Indian or Pakistani tourist who arrived Tashkent after 10th of August please confirm ?
thank you.
I came today from india and no one asked for quarantine package. Booked hotel by myself
2 x

PanNL

Post by PanNL »

Has anyone visited with proof of having had COVID recently (e.g. doctor declaration)?
I understand that it is possible to test positive for weeks after infection, so a PCR test would be positive whereas the person is not infectious anymore.
0 x

htcone

Post by htcone »

gauravk1 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:39 am
htcone wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:12 am
Hello Good people out there !
I am a Pakistani national travelling from Lahore PAKSITAN, I have been told by the tour agent that i need to buy a quarantine package of 14 days from them otherwise no entry , as there is a specific rules apply only for Indian and Pakistani tourist from 10th of August onwards..
Any Indian or Pakistani tourist who arrived Tashkent after 10th of August please confirm ?
thank you.
I came today from india and no one asked for quarantine package. Booked hotel by myself
great ! thank you for updating
0 x

halfmanhalffish

Post by halfmanhalffish »

HOLY SMOKES, after trying everyday for the past four weeks I was finally able to successfully pay for an E-Visa application with a US based credit card this morning. I tried first with a Capital One Visa but they blocked the charges. After many tries I was not successful in getting my Cap 1 Visa to work though they said it should work after I cleared it with their fraud department. I then tried using a Chase Visa debit card. They blocked it at first but was able to clear it successfully with one call to their fraud department.

So, hopefully this means most issues with payment on the site have been resolved.

I did receive a confirmation email from the E-visa website.

Now just waiting for feedback from my Visa application.
1 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Uhm - I hate to post this, but: https://kun.uz/ru/news/2021/09/07/uzbek ... ronnyx-viz (use Google to translate if you don't speak Russian). This is about an hour old...
Basically it says: "Uzbekistan temporarily suspends issuance of electronic visas".
The fact that this is published right after someone managed to pay with an American card is a bit ironic...
Let's see what's next.
Sebastian
1 x