First time in Uzbekistan

All about Uzbekistan.
Rammsfer

First time in Uzbekistan

Post by Rammsfer »

Hello! Greetings from Mexico. :D

First of all, I want to apologize if a similar thread is already posted. I'm new in this forum.

I'm a 28 year old Mexican planning to travel to Uzbekistan this September and October. This would be my first time in the country, and I would be traveling solo.

I'm already aware of the current situation and the latest entry requirements, but I still have a few doubts that are keeping me from finally buying my flights.

As a Mexican, I know that I don't need a visa as long as I stay less than 30 days (which is my case). I also know that I need to present a negative PCR test performed no more than 72 hours before my arrival.

My doubts are:

- Is it true that at your arrival you need to take another test? If true, do you need to quarantine until the results are available?

- I've been trying to contact somebody through an official website, such as https://uzbekistan.travel/en, and nobody has replied to me. Does Uzbekistan Government are really looking forward to receive tourists in the upcoming months?

- I'm guessing that not a lot of Mexicans travel to Uzbekistan, even before the pandemic. Do you think I could have a problem at my arrival because of this (my nationality)?

I would be flying this route: Los Angeles-Istanbul-Tashkent, with Turkish Airlines.

Thank you very much!!!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: First time in Uzbekistan

Post by steven »

Hi Rammsfer
Rammsfer wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:59 pm

- Is it true that at your arrival you need to take another test? If true, do you need to quarantine until the results are available?

- I've been trying to contact somebody through an official website, such as https://uzbekistan.travel/en, and nobody has replied to me. Does Uzbekistan Government are really looking forward to receive tourists in the upcoming months?

- I'm guessing that not a lot of Mexicans travel to Uzbekistan, even before the pandemic. Do you think I could have a problem at my arrival because of this (my nationality)?
1. Quoting from https://caravanistan.com/coronavirus/#uzbekistan: You will still have to take an express COVID-test at the airport, but this is a meaningless charade. So you will be fine.

2. Yes, they are happy to see tourists coming. They are just not very organized in some areas.

3. No. Mexicans are welcome.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Murikov

Post by Murikov »

Hello Rammsfer

I am a Swiss citizen and also plan to go to Uzbekistan the coming July / August.

A few days ago I booked the flights and reserved the PCR test I'm going to do beforehand.

I had the same experience as you, nobody from the Uzbek administrative bodies replied to my e-mails.

But I received feedback from Turkish Airlines, where I booked my flight with (also flying from Zurich, via Istanbul to Tashkent and same way back.

This was their simple e-mail reply to my question, what kind of PCR test or special requirements are needed for entry to Uzbekistan:
E-Mail from Turkish Airlines, 8th June 2021 wrote: Dear *****,

Good day and I hope this email finds you well,

Your PCR test must state NEGATIVE in English language,

Test timing is considered 72 hours from the moment when the sample is collected and by the time of your arrival to Uzbekistan,

Wish you a pleasant day ahead,

With kindest regards
And this was their reply concerning my other question about which testing laborataroy in Switzerland I should take:
E-Mail from Turkish Airlines, 14th June 2021 wrote: Dear *****,

There is no specific clinic, therefore it Is up to your preference,

Wish you a great day ahead,

With kindest regards,
Also look at the experiences of the other travellers from the Uzbekistan sticky thread - their recent reports sound rather positive so far.

Otherwise this is what else I could find so far:

https://www.uzairways.com/en/covid-19-0#

Hope you will have a great trip too! :mrgreen:
2 x

Rammsfer

Post by Rammsfer »

steven wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:58 am
Hi Rammsfer
Rammsfer wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:59 pm

1. Quoting from https://caravanistan.com/coronavirus/#uzbekistan: You will still have to take an express COVID-test at the airport, but this is a meaningless charade. So you will be fine.

2. Yes, they are happy to see tourists coming. They are just not very organized in some areas.

3. No. Mexicans are welcome.

Thank you very much, Steven! :)
0 x

Rammsfer

Post by Rammsfer »

Murikov wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:29 pm
Hello Rammsfer

I am a Swiss citizen and also plan to go to Uzbekistan the coming July / August.

A few days ago I booked the flights and reserved the PCR test I'm going to do beforehand.

I had the same experience as you, nobody from the Uzbek administrative bodies replied to my e-mails.

But I received feedback from Turkish Airlines, where I booked my flight with (also flying from Zurich, via Istanbul to Tashkent and same way back.

This was their simple e-mail reply to my question, what kind of PCR test or special requirements are needed for entry to Uzbekistan:
E-Mail from Turkish Airlines, 8th June 2021 wrote: Dear *****,

Your PCR test must state NEGATIVE in English language,

Test timing is considered 72 hours from the moment when the sample is collected and by the time of your arrival to Uzbekistan,

Wish you a pleasant day ahead,

With kindest regards
And this was their reply concerning my other question about which testing laborataroy in Switzerland I should take:
E-Mail from Turkish Airlines, 14th June 2021 wrote: Dear *****,

There is no specific clinic, therefore it Is up to your preference,

Wish you a great day ahead,

With kindest regards,
Also look at the experiences of the other travellers from the Uzbekistan sticky thread - their recent reports sound rather positive so far.

Otherwise this is what else I could find so far:

https://www.uzairways.com/en/covid-19-0#

Hope you will have a great trip too! :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot! It's good to read this coming from Turkish Airlines, as I would be flying with them too.

I'm feeling a lot more confident now. :D

I hope you have a wonderful trip as well!
1 x

nikagoes

Post by nikagoes »

If you want to meet up, I will be traveling there solo in September as well!
0 x