Uzbekistan quarantine

All about Uzbekistan.
Diana.pt

Uzbekistan quarantine

Post by Diana.pt »

Newbie.
Planning for a trip in september. This site's travel restrictions updates say It is only needed a test 72 hours prior to entry. But gov.uk site says most EU countries are on Yellow zone therefore need to quarentine. " Passengers travelling or arriving from any Red or Yellow category countries, which currently includes the UK, are subject to a mandatory period of 14 days self-isolation on arrival." vaccinated aren't mentioned.
Any ideas on which is the most accurate?
Thank you all.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Covid restrictions

Post by bwv812 »

1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Covid restrictions

Post by steven »

Hi Diana,

there is a paragraph about quarantine measures on the coronavirus page. Here is what it says:

Quarantine measures
From time to time certain governments say that new arrivals need to go into quarantine. Quarantine is not enforced in Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan or Kazakhstan. They might say you have to at the airport, but nobody checks and in reality everybody just goes about their business.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

04Morley

Re: Uzbekistan quarantine

Post by 04Morley »

Hello everyone,

Along similar lines, we are looking to fly to Tashkent from Tbilisi, Georgia in a couple of weeks' time. We are British and have been vaccinated and from what I can tell, this would ordinarily mean we wouldn't have to quarantine, as Georgia is currently categorised as Green. The only trouble is, we will have been in Turkey less than 14 days before we arrive in Tashkent, and Turkey is currently on the red list. Really unsure whether this means we will need to quarantine or not and can't seem to find anything online. Would really appreciate any information anyone has!

Thanks so much,

Matt
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

From what I have heard, whether you are vaccinated or not does not make any difference for entering Uzbekistan. This may of course change... Also, that colour-coded list of countries either doesn't exist or is hopelessly out of date: Georgia currently has the third-worst incidence rate in the whole world and it would be bizarre if it continued to be classified as green-list country. See viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12467 for more discussion on this...
Sebastian
0 x

frunze

Post by frunze »

US's embassy page, the Timatic travel map and the official site of the ministry of tourism of Uzbekistan say you do not need to quarantine. Those are usually good and frequently updated sources. When I travelled there (entered Uzbekistan in the 1st of July), some pages were still talking about quarantine and the colour codes but there was nothing about it.

It is most likely the situation has not changed since, but if you have means to double check (consulate of UZ in your country, or someone who went there after me), do so, as they indeed introduced some new restrictions ever since.
0 x

roadsilk

Post by roadsilk »

I have information from colleagues in UZB that entered in August and have had to sign a paper saying they would self-isolate. However, nobody follows this rule and nobody checks up on it.
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

This seems to be the form used (as also posted in the longer thread on Uzbekistan travel restrictions - maybe we should continue there instead of duplicating things unnecessarily...)

The form is used for all incoming passengers, and everyone apparently has to sign it - and then it's not enforced. The only interesting question for me is what happens if you catch corona and have obviously disregarded the quarantine rules you have committed to following by signing the form...!?
If I do not fulfill the above requirements, I am ready to suffer the appropriate punishment (under Articles 195 and 2571 of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan).
Sebastian
0 x