First time in Uzbekistan in October

All about Uzbekistan.
stefank

First time in Uzbekistan in October

Post by stefank »

Hello,

This is my first post here on this forum. :)

I am from Sweden and I would like to travel to Kyrgyzstan - Uzbekistan - Tajikistan in October.

My plan is to fly from Bishkek to Tashkent. Do I need to do a PCR test in Kyrgyzstan or is it done in the airport in Tashkent?

How are the restrictions in Uzbekistan for the moment? Are restaurants and shops open? Is life normal?
Is it possible to travel around Uzbekistan to other cities?

Best regards
Stefan
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: First time in Uzbekistan in October

Post by steven »

Hi Stefan,

I try to keep up with corona news here: https://caravanistan.com/coronavirus

Not sure what Uzbekistan is like these days, there might be some restrictions, but people generally don't follow them. You should have a pcr test when landing in Tashkent.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

frunze

Re: First time in Uzbekistan in October

Post by frunze »

Hej Stefan, jag är också svensk. Jag har varit i Uzbekistan och Kirgizistan i Juli.

You need a PCR done in Kyrgyzstan. It will be cheap, but my recommendation is trying to find out a lab that will not have a chaotic and long line. It is not just an unpleasing experience but you might end up losing an entire day with people constantly cutting off in front of you. Ask locals for advice, the most popular option (Aqua Lab) will definitely be the way I told you.

Since no announcement was made since I came back (and I follow the news of those countries more or less regularly), I assume restrictions in Uzbekistan are the same since I left. Bars and restaurants will be open until 20, just like it was in Sweden until recently. Masks are in theory required but this will be only enforced at Metro stations and when a policeman close to you gets bored. Travelling to other cities is possible.

Lycka till!
1 x