Uzbekistan in June 2022 - where to go, where to stay?

All about Uzbekistan.
WernerK

Uzbekistan in June 2022 - where to go, where to stay?

Post by WernerK »

Dear friends
First please excuse my bad english as I’m no native speaker and also don’t have much experience.
Now to my question(s):
My wife and I (both middle sixties) want to go to Uzbekistan next year beginning of June (we know it might be hot). We want to stay there two to (max) three weeks. We will be going to Tashkent by plane and back also by plane from Tashkent.
We do not want to book an organized tour (we have experience in travelling in South-East-Asian countries by own).
„Musts“ of our tour have to be Tashkent, Samarkand, Buchara and Khiva. We are used to travel slow and not to hurry from one sight-seeing-point to another one and to collect as much as possible in a short time.
So if anybody has some proposals for such a trip, how long to stay in one place and other nice places (scenery, culture) despite the „musts“ I would be very thankful.
Werner
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan in June 2022 - where to go, where to stay?

Post by steven »

I made some itineraries here: https://caravanistan.com/uzbekistan/#itineraries If you click on any of the place names, there are also lots of tips on where to stay, what to see outside of the musts, and how long to stay in the main tourist cities.

I know it's a lot to digest, if you had to put it in a printed format it would be several hundred pages on Uzbekistan, so that's too much for some people to go through, I understand. But that's the best I have to offer :-)
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D