Lorazepam in Uzbekistan?

All about Uzbekistan.
Tamit

Lorazepam in Uzbekistan?

Post by Tamit »

Hi! I’m new here so sorry in advance if I’m posting this in the wrong place.

This Saturday I have my flight to Uzbekistan and I would love to know if I can bring my lorazepam with me. I have a lot of anxiety so I really need it. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor for some prescription to bring with me, but I would love to know, if it is safe to travel with lorazepam and its prescription? What should I do when I arrive to the airport? I’m very nervous and I wouldn’t like to have any problems there.

Thanks in advance!
0 x

sebhoff

Re: Lorazepam in Uzbekistan?

Post by sebhoff »

I don't know from experience, but based on what I have read, this is potentially troublesome. Have a look at this: https://uz.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... medicines/

"If you typically take a controlled narcotic or a psychotropic substance as a prescription you must declare your medicine on the customs form and also be prepared to present the actual medicine when you present your documents and luggage to the customs agent at the border crossing point."
1 x

Tamit

Re: Lorazepam in Uzbekistan?

Post by Tamit »

Yes, it looks like a bit troublesome, but in the other hand, other people say that is very easy and you don’t need to declare anything, but I really don’t know. I guess that maybe the better option would be to bring with me my meds and prescriptions, and when I arrive I will ask someone there if I have to declare them or not.

Thanks for the help!
0 x