Papers/registration for visa fee travellers?

All about Uzbekistan.
varda1990

Papers/registration for visa fee travellers?

Post by varda1990 »

Hey there,

I've tried to find this elsewhere but not managed, hoping someone can answer or point me in the right direction.

I'm in Uzbekistan for less than 30 days and am from a country that doesn't need a visa, letter of invitation, etc. When I arrived into Tashkent airport I got a stamp in my passport but no papers and my Russian wasn't strong enough to ask for them (and English got me nowhere).

Do I need to be concerned that I'm missing papers that I'll need to leave the country (to Kazakhstan by train)?

Thank you!
0 x

edu

Re: Papers/registration for visa fee travellers?

Post by edu »

You still need to get your registration slips from your accommodation as far as I understand.
0 x

Bakhtiyark

Post by Bakhtiyark »

As a Kazakhstani citizen i traveled back and forth frequently,
staying both at private accomodations and hotels/hostels/guesthouses and never had to present anything other than passport at the desk.
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

I always asked my accommodations to give me the registration receipts but I have never been asked to present them when leaving the country to Kazakhstan/Kyrgyzstan/Tajikistan, no matter if overland or by plane.
0 x

MartinN

Post by MartinN »

This UZ registration papers are some big bullshit.
On border, they never asked me for a registration slip. But I saw police officer on Skymwent - Toshkent border, how they were demanding registration slips from some "hipster" couple
0 x

Justynag

Post by Justynag »

Slips are something from the past that tourists still believe in. Like problems with buying train tickets online (which easy, fast and painless now). Registration is an online system, so if hotels put your data in a system you are fine.
0 x

Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Take the registration slips as a precautionary measure from your accommodation(s) but chances are you wont need them upon exiting the country. I never needed to. My accommodations always gave them to me on checking out without needing to ask.
0 x

Devron

Post by Devron »

I never needed the registration slips.
0 x