Costs of inter-city taxis

All about Uzbekistan.
RollingTreeHouse

Costs of inter-city taxis

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

Since there aren't as many train connections North-West of Bukhara as in in the Tashkent-Samarkand-Bukhara route, I am curious about the prices of (shared) taxis between cities.

I am especially interested in :
  • Nukus-Kungrad/Moynaq (110km/200km)
  • Nukus-Urgench/Khiva (~170km)
  • Urgench-Bukhara (~425km), the guide quotes 70'000 sum per seat, but I suspect that prices have risen since then
If anybody has recent prices for a single seat or a whole car on these routes please let me know!
0 x

MartinN

Re: Costs of inter-city taxis

Post by MartinN »

Urgench- Nukus is 80-100k. I paid 100k since I was late and was only two cars left. They go from "Dinamo" stadium (I think is now called Xorazm Stadium). So something similar is back.

As for Moynaq in Nuksu they were asking for some crazy numbers like 200k so i all send them to hell and went with bus.
From bazaar in Nukus you can go everywhere with marshrutka (damas);) :). Go to bazaar and ask for avtovokzal. When you will step out of Damas, bus for Moynaq is just behind wall/shops aprox 100m away. Bus is 20k last one goes at 11am. From Moynaq at 3pm.
2 x

carbide73

Post by carbide73 »

Hi everyone, I'm having a lot of challenges with transport while planning my trip to Tajikistan and Uzbekistan in September 2023. For example:
Taxi's:
Taxi from Tashkent to the border at buston $80USD
Taxi from Dushanbe to the border to get to Samarkand $250USD - is this normal? looking at taxi prices quoted here they seem far far cheaper? How are people able to get these prices when trying to book from overseas??

Trains:
Samarkand to Bukhara departing 17th September:
Not a single seat at all, nor on the 16th or the 18th and I'm trying to book this two months in advance! I don't even know where to start with this?

If anyone has any advice about a reputable travel company based in uzbekistan that can help with booking this I'd really appreciate it
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

"… and I'm trying to book this two months in advance!"
And that's exactly the problem... ;-)
Trains in Uzbekistan can be booked 45 days in advance.

There's a weekly (night) train from Dushanbe to Samarkand that leaves every Monday at 19:26. Just in case that fits your schedule.
0 x

carbide73

Post by carbide73 »

Thanks Sebhoff! you're right - I re-read the details on Caravanistan and it did mention this as well.

I'm just curious about the taxi charges as well if anyone has any experience with these routes via taxi
0 x

Bouncingaround

Post by Bouncingaround »

Taxis generally don't need to be booked in advance. Try asking your accommodation to help book one/agree a price in advance.

You should also see my post history - that driver could be worth a try for getting a better price from Dushanbe to the border.

Unsure how much choice you'll have on the Uzbek side for drivers but it shouldn't cost too much.
0 x