Car rental in Urgench/Nukus

All about Uzbekistan.
michals

Car rental in Urgench/Nukus

Post by michals »

Hi,

I am traveling to Uzbekistan at the end of October and I was planning to rent a car in Urgench to explore Nukus and the Aral Sea - and return it back in Urgench afterwards before travelling by train later.
I have two questions to the community:
1. What's there to see beyond Moynoq at the Aral sea? Is it possible to go north and explore on our own? Do we need a 4x4 or are we fine with a regular car?
2. Would anyone be able to provide a contact to a car rental company in Urgench (Nukus is also an option for us)?

Thank you!
Michal
0 x

malty

Re: Car rental in Urgench/Nukus

Post by malty »

Hi Michal,

A few weeks ago I was searching for car rental firms in the area, but I couldn't find any. There were one or two, if I recall correctly, but they didn't have any website and they didn't respond to my messages on Telegram (they popped up on the Google Maps page). The nearest one I could find with reasonable prices was rentcar.uz. Prices start at $25 approx. per day. Collection and drop off is possible in Khiva, apparently, for an extra $350 (!). Alternatively, collection from their Samarkand office is possible (for $150 extra).

If I find anything else, I'll try and remember to share!

Thanks
0 x

michals

Re: Car rental in Urgench/Nukus

Post by michals »

:) Thanks! I guess we'll settle for a jeep tour :)
M.
malty wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:58 pm
Hi Michal,

A few weeks ago I was searching for car rental firms in the area, but I couldn't find any. There were one or two, if I recall correctly, but they didn't have any website and they didn't respond to my messages on Telegram (they popped up on the Google Maps page). The nearest one I could find with reasonable prices was rentcar.uz. Prices start at $25 approx. per day. Collection and drop off is possible in Khiva, apparently, for an extra $350 (!). Alternatively, collection from their Samarkand office is possible (for $150 extra).

If I find anything else, I'll try and remember to share!

Thanks
0 x

boale87

Can I rent a car in Khiva/Urganch?

Post by boale87 »

Hello everybody,
Can I rent a car in Khiva/Urganch?
Thanks and regards,
Alex
0 x