Validity of Uzbek LOI

All about Uzbekistan.
karol_tammi

Validity of Uzbek LOI

Postby karol_tammi » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Hey guys,

Planning our honeymoon in Uzbekistan which will be in September.
As we both travel a lot with work we're hoping to get cracking on visas quite soon as we won't be available much in the summer.

My questions are:
1. I read that the LOI is only valid 3 months:
- Is this 3 months from date of issuance of the LOI, or 3 months from start date of the trip (as mentioned in the LOI request form)?
- If it is 3 months from issuance, can there be exceptions to this?
- Does the LOI need to be valid up to the final day of our stay in Uzbekistan?

For example: If we arrive in Tashkent on September 6th, and depart on September 15th, does the LOI need to be valid until September 15th? When is the soonest I could apply for an LOI? June 6th?

Thanks a lot :)
Karolina
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: Validity of Uzbek LOI

Postby Crazydre » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:30 am

The following is what I understand to be true, based on my own knowledge of Uzbek entry regulations (let's see what Steven says):

The LOI is valid for 3 months from being issued. Since it is only used to obtain the visa, it only needs to be valid until you get it. As such, if you apply for a visa in advance, you should be able to immediately get the LOI and then go for the visa. However, if you intend to get a visa on Arrival (only possible at Tashkent airport), you need to make sure to enter no later than 3 months from the LOI being issued, as a valid LOI then needs to be shown on entry.

In other words: you do not actually Show the LOI on entry unless going for a visa on Arrival, hence why I cannot imagine there should be any Problems applying super early for a visa in advance.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Postby bwv812 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:41 am

On the other hand, the LoI indicates the desired dates of travel (and the embassy is supposed to use those dates when issuing the visa), so I can easily imagine they apply the 3-month limit to those travel dates.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Postby Crazydre » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:45 am

Could very well be the case, but embassies tend to vary drastically in their requirements so you should not assume what applies at one embassy necessarily applies at another. To my knowledge, Uzbek visa applications (unlike Turkmen ones) are vetted and approved by the embassies themselves whereby they have discretion in this regard.

Best Thing is to ask the relevant embassy, if going for a visa in advance
0 x