Tashkent airport: reports and Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Tashkent airport: reports and Q&A

Post by Milad »

Generally speaking, yes. The risk of violence or crime in any form is not zero, but very low in Central Asia. Certainly it's "safe" compared to any large city in the US.

The main risk is being overcharged (up to 10 times of the price for locals, although this will still be cheaper than riding a taxi in North America or Western Europe). You can avoid this by using a ride-hailing app (Yandex Taxi is most common, this may currently not be available in the iOS/Android app stores due to Russia sanctions; still no Uber in Uzbekistan AFAIK).
1 x

DSO_Canuck

Post by DSO_Canuck »

tammy99 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:51 pm
Hi my flight arrives at 1AM. Is it safe to take a taxi to town? Single female traveler. Thanks!
Yes it should be safe. We just arrived a few days ago and found Uzbek to have very friendly people and we always felt safe here. More so than many other countries in the world.

Unless you speak Uzbek or Russian I would suggest you get a regular taxi.There are some challenges using Yandex (especially from the airport) if you only speak English.

Arriving at that hour and a single female traveller I would suggest you go to the taxi kiosk inside the airport and get a pre-paid voucher to your hotel. It will cost you more than using Yandex but it will hassle-free and get you there quickly. Downtown is only a 12-15 min taxi ride.
1 x

tammy99

Post by tammy99 »

Thank you both for your responses! Makes me feel much more at ease about this arrival now :)
0 x