LOI & visa application for Uzbekistan without booking a tour

All about Uzbekistan.
Post Reply
sojourner
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:17 pm

LOI & visa application for Uzbekistan without booking a tour

Post by sojourner »

Does the service you provide (http://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekistan ... a-support/) for obtaining an Uzbek (tourist visa) LOI require booking a tour with a local tour company? I am hoping to make my own travel arrangements there but still need an LOI for my visa application. If you can provide a LOI without having to book a tour i have the following questions re filling out the online visa form (http://evisa.mfa.uz/evisa_en/), assuming that i will just book accommodation as i travel:

re ‘Purpose of Visit (in detail)’ - would writing something like ’Tourism’ as well as listing the cities i plan to visit be ok?

re ‘Inviting party (& phone no)’ - i assume this would be the local Uzb tour operator who provides the LOI?

re ‘Address while in Uzbekistan & phone no’ - what would i put for this, or would it be advisable to say book a hotel for the first night in Tashkent & put these details in? (i have read that it is advisable to only stay in registered hotels & obtain registrations slips from every hotel where you stay & keep these should they be checked on departure from Uz).

Thanks
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3843
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 pm
x 3226
x 453

Re: LOI & visa application for Uzbekistan without booking a tour

Post by steven »

Hi Sojourner,
sojourner wrote:Does the service you provide (http://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekistan ... a-support/) for obtaining an Uzbek (tourist visa) LOI require booking a tour with a local tour company?
You do not need to book a tour, that's correct.
sojourner wrote:re ‘Purpose of Visit (in detail)’ - would writing something like ’Tourism’ as well as listing the cities i plan to visit be ok?
Exactly right.
sojourner wrote:re ‘Inviting party (& phone no)’ - i assume this would be the local Uzb tour operator who provides the LOI?
Yes. Aliya will tell you what to write there.
sojourner wrote:re ‘Address while in Uzbekistan & phone no’
The address of any hotel in Tashkent will do. If you would rather not book in advance, that's ok. Nobody is checking where you stay. A lot of the formalities are simply that: formalities.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post