Diesel in Uzbekistan

All about Uzbekistan.
medhajoseph

Diesel availability in Uzbekistan

Post by medhajoseph »

We will be driving in our own vehicles in Uzbek in June 2015. I understand diesel is not easily available, can we get to buy Jerry cans in Tashkent. Any particular place that you would recommend to buy from?

Medha
0 x

eurasiaoverland

Re: Diesel availability in Uzbekistan

Post by eurasiaoverland »

Diesel availability is a problem, but it's just a case of finding some on the black market, which is not so hard.

Looking round any big bazaar in Tashkent you should be able to find some containers, but the quality will not be much good (China). I doubt you would find the decent German style 20 litre cans which actually seal.

I would just ask around and fill up as often as possible, rather than have a car which stinks of spilt diesel from crappy containers.
0 x
Almost six years and a quarter of a million kilometres by road in Eurasia: http://eurasiaoverland.com

jill

Post by jill »

Hi there, diesel availability seemed more of an issue in the cotton picking season when it is rationed. This was the case in late August early September when we were there last year. That being said we were always able to buy on the black market and often better prices and good quality. People were really kind and extremely friendly in terms of helping us find the place to go. In Tashkent we needed a filter for our Land Rover, and ended up in then motor spares street..... Perhaps you might find Jerry Cans there..... Hope you get sorted. Enjoy Tashkent, it is truly one of the most beautiful cities, with someone who had the vision to plant 100's of trees many years ago....and they are still planting!
0 x

medhajoseph

Post by medhajoseph »

Thanks guys for helpful information !!
0 x

roro

Diesel problem in Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan

Post by roro »

Hi,

I'm worrying about travelling ib Uzb. with my car (Land Rover) which have a "modern" diesel engine because I know that this kind of motor (or more precisely injection system) needs a good quality of diesel.
In other forums I've find that I can find this kind of diesel only in Tashkent.
But I'm coming from Iran and Turkmenistan and I need to know if I can refill my tanks in Turkmenistan with "good" diesel.

Other question, do you think it's ok to find this kind of deiesel in Kirg. / Kaz;?
So a solution can be (if I'm stuck with no fuel in Uzb.) crossing one of these bordesr to refill on the other side.
This solution needs to have a multi-entries visa and also to waste time at each border post.

What is your opinion about this diesel problem and what are your advices?

I have an extra 70l tank and also a 20l jerrycan (so, 170l as a whole).

Thanks in advance.

RR.
0 x

Mrs800Days

Re: Diesel problem in Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan

Post by Mrs800Days »

The diesel in Kazakhstan is good quality and plenty of modern fuel stations along major roads/large towns (plan ahead on the more remote roads as large distances between towns- we filled up every time there was a fuel station just in case)
Emma
0 x

roro

Re: Diesel problem in Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan

Post by roro »

Thanks for your reply,

RR.
0 x

aroch200e

Importing diesel to uzbekistan

Post by aroch200e »

Hello all, we are a french family on a roadtrip across Europe and the stans for 6months, starting tomorrow. We are travelling across Turkmenistan on a tourism visa mid-july from bajiran in Iran to Nuruz in Uzbekistan and across to Tashkent and Fergana on to Kyrgystan. We are travelling with a Land Rover and are quite worried about the diesel issues in Uzbekistan. As we have a capacity of 60L of jerrycans, i am wondering: is it possible to bring diesel from Turkmenistan to Uzbekistan in jerrycans? Are there any problems with the customs? As is it apparently not possible to fill ferrycans in Turkmenistan, can we bring diesel from Iran? Thank you all for your answers, greatings!

Alexandre
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Importing diesel to uzbekistan

Post by steven »

A few people have asked in recent months but no one has done it yet. Please let us know if you find out!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

jornk

Re: Importing diesel to uzbekistan

Post by jornk »

I was asking a similar question about benzin from Kazachstan to Uzbekistan and did not find an answer yet. I am about to experience this next month. I'll share my experience!
0 x