Diesel in Uzbekistan

All about Uzbekistan.
jornk

Re: Diesel in Uzbekistan

Post by jornk »

I brought 90 litres of extra petrol in Jerrycans across the KZ-UZ border without any problem two weeks ago. The Uzbek customs weren't interested at all in the petrol.
1 x

jornk

Post by jornk »

Same experience over here. Brought extra fuel (90l) across the border and bought 40L in Nukus of black market fuel.
2 x

Adam84

Post by Adam84 »

hey, no problem with diesel,
ask your hostel hosts
if stranded in middle of nowhere, ask around with people, ask, ask ask and finally somebody will bring some Soliarka

good quality diesel in Khiva costed me 1USD/L
some dirty Soliarka close to tajikistan (coffee color) costed half but suprisinglu car was running really good with it :)

if somebody interested in trip photos fb jankowski.adam
1 x

aroch200e

Post by aroch200e »

Hello all, i succefully entered Uzbekistan with 60l of diesel in jerry-cans from Iran.
Bajiran border Iran-Turkmenistan: iranien side nobody seems to care what comes out, no car check. On Turkmenistan side long car check by irrespectful customs guys, diesel no problem.
Kunya-Urgench: Turkmenistan side again long car control by irrespectful customs, and diesel no problem.
Uzbekistan side quick car control, very kind, diesel no problem again. And i did not pay the 45$ of importation tax mentioned on this site, nor insurance.

Diesel price in Turkmenistan 0.94 manats and in Iran 3000 rials for locals, 6000 for the rest!
2 x

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

soliarka prices
august-october 2017
uzb 4000-4600som (1usd=8000som)
western kzh (atyrau, aktau) 130-140kzt (1usd=334kzt)
central and eastern kzh 141-146kzt
uralsk 175kzt
kgz 34,20-35kgs (1usd=68,5kgs)
tjk 6,0-6,7tjs, pamir 7-7,5tjs (1usd=8,8tjs)
2 x
rgds -
mazeno

adrianepps

Post by adrianepps »

DIESEL IN TASHKENT: 4 hours criss-crossing city, eventually got some at (41.348030, 69.238343). 1st August 2018. Of course diesel today doesn’t mean diesel tomorrow.

My best advice for someone is go to any fuel station and ask for diesel, when they laugh and say “NET” ask them where you can get it using good old Google Translate. Tried this at about 10 stations, they just shrug their shoulders and laugh at the stupid foreigner in the strange car, eventually got someone with some fire under their arse who then called around all his fuel station mates and eventually found someone who had diesel. Then came in the car with me to go get it and of course paid for his time even though he refused.

If you are at your wits end, and the location listed above does not have diesel when you roll through, why not try the place where I eventually found the person who helped me source the diesel, location (41.333848, 69.215373).

An addendum to this post: 8 days later I am in Osh, Kyrgyz with a crippled DPF the day after I eventually used the Uzbek diesel that I had in my jerry cans. So let that be a warning on fuel quality. Also as many other posters have said, entering Uzbek with 100 litres of diesel in jerry cans not an issue. Customs did not ask any questions.
2 x
Driving the world for a living - http://www.roarr.me

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

> entering Uzbek with 100 litres of diesel
try to leave uzb with more than 100l of diesel and i don't mean customs

usually i leave uzb to tjk with the tanks poured under the stopper and full jerry cans (ca 180-200l), as in tjk fuel is more expensive. it is not so really hard to find soliarka in uzb, but you have to change your mind - not free economy but black market with all its circumstances and behaviors.
in poland, as we had black market during communistic regime, we used the word "zalatwic", not translatable to english - literally it is to get/buy but... similarly the word "bakshish" is not fully transatable to english.
0 x
rgds -
mazeno

roro

Post by roro »

I had no problem to find diesel in June 18 between Nukus and Samarcande on the way to Tadj.
But what about his quality for a common rail engine as mine…
RR.
0 x

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

We entered from Turkmenistan with 80 litres in jerrycan. Tanked up just leaving Turtkul on way to Bokhara. Had no idea we would not see diesel again!! Not sure of the quality. Best to bring your fuel from Turkmenistan.m, it’s a lot cheaper there and it’s a hassle searching for the diesel in Uzbekistan.
1 x

real2234

Post by real2234 »

Hello,

I would like to go to Uzbekistan with my diesel-powered car, but I have not yet figured out if it would be better to carry enough fuel to cross the country in jerrycans or with difficulty I can find it.

I read that for a recent car with DPF there could be problems with the quality of the fuel, in others (and on the iOverlander app) I read that it was even found in some service stations, directly at the pump .

My car has a range of about 700 kilometers, it would be sufficient to be able to find fuel in the main cities (in Samarkand, Bukhara or Khiva). I should cross the country from east to west for about 2000 km (that will be more with some detours).

Do you think it's better bringing the fuel I need to cover about 1500 km, that it would be 100 liters or I can find some acceptable quality fuel along the way?

My car is small and carrying 100 liters of diesel means giving up the entire trunk. Also could I have problems crossing the customs with fuel filled jerry cans?

Sorry if the question has already been asked several times but I still haven't been able to get an accurate idea of ​​the situation.

Thanks a lot.
0 x