Is my medication allowed in Uzbekistan? Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Is my medication allowed in Uzbekistan? Q&A

Post by steven »

CAHK wrote:For non-perspection drugs, how can the border police tell whether is it not banned? Put it in another way, how can i shpw the border police that a certain drug is not on the prohibited list?
They check the list of ingredients of your medication for forbidden substances.

The full list of substances illegal or restricted is available here: https://caravanistan.com/wp-content/upl ... s_list.pdf
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Symbicort in Uzbekistan?

Post by steven »

No, that's not necessary.
0 x

sekimdr

Re: Symbicort in Uzbekistan?

Post by sekimdr »

In 2016, I traveled there with many symbicot in my luggages without any documents.
0 x

legume

Post by legume »

I will travel to Uzbekistan next month. I am currently taking Zoloft (also known as Sertraline). Do I need to take my prescription and a letter from a doctor or just the prescription?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Just prescription will be fine if you have that
0 x

DJJ

Post by DJJ »

Please forgive if this is a silly question, but what does it specifically mean to "bring a prescription" in this modern day and age, when doctors simply send their orders directly, via computer over the internet, to the pharmacy. Where I live, in NY, for many prescriptions it's not even legal to provide the patient with the medication order. So what exactly should a traveler being bringing in terms of proof or documentation. Thanks for any insight or clarification.
0 x

leela

Post by leela »

I travelled with just the docket that was attached to the pharmacy bag (which had my name, the name of the drug, and my doctor's name and address on) and the box that had my medication in, which has a label stuck on to it with, again, my name, dosage, date and doctor's name on.

Whether that would have been good enough, I don't know, but given the relaxation of customs documentation and the apparent absence of any baggage/passenger checks on arrival at Tashkent airport, I suspect you'd be extremely unlucky if anyone even knew you were travelling with your medication.
1 x

DJJ

Post by DJJ »

Thanks, leela! I am glad to hear that the airport arrival was so easy and so I am hoping that our land border crossing is a similarly uneventful experience. What you described in terms of prescription documentation seems reasonable and doable....though in my/my husband's case we will also have one medicine with an ingredient on the "limited" list and another medicine not on the list that I worry they could decide to take issue with. So in addition to having the dockets and on-package labels available for all of our medicines, we could also ask our physicians for letters that are specific to those two prescriptions and -- it seems to me -- will need to declare those two meds on arrival. If anyone reading this has any further insights, please share them. Thanks, all!
0 x

leela

Post by leela »

A doctor's letter will certainly be better proof than I had.
I didn't declare anything. There wasn't really anyone to declare them to at the airport. I suppose I could have gone through the red channel, but I'm not sure why anyone would.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

For now, I would say that medication has become a non-issue. Uzbekistan has taken a 180 degree turn regarding foreigners, welcoming them instead of doing everything possible to keep them out.

I did not know you no longer get prescriptions in the US - in general, I wouldn't worry too much, I haven't heard of anyone going to jail as a tourist since the new president arrived.
0 x