1 night duly registered out of 3: not enough

All about Uzbekistan.
thierry

1 night duly registered out of 3: not enough

Post by thierry »

I am currently stuck in Tashkent. My passport is in a drawer of any police officer and I am waiting for the court decision. According to my embassy it should turn to the expulsion to the nearest border, but no fine should be paid. What is the infraction I did ? I spent two nights in Yusufkhona in a guesthouse that did not provide me a registration ticket. Note that I entered in Uzbekistan on June,2nd and that I have registration tickets for the first 17 nights.
1 x

TomasS

Re: 1 night duly registered out of 3: not enough

Post by TomasS »

So you were checked for slips on borders? What happened there?
0 x

thierry

Post by thierry »

No. Hotels staff are expected from the interior ministry to verify that you have all registration ticket at checking-in. Then if not, either they contact OVIR or they won't accept you. So, the problem is not at the border, where they maybe do not care if one or two tickets are missing but the next day
0 x

TomasS

Post by TomasS »

Ok, so they contacted OVIR? Or how happend it that they have your passport and that you are waiting on court decision?
0 x

thierry

Post by thierry »

Yes the hotel manager phoned to OVIR for the authorization to check me in, but the OVIR answered that I had to go to such Ministry of Interior office where they took my passport. According to my embassy the process usually takes 5 days. Fortunately it has taken only 3 days for me. I went to the court yesterday at 3pm and 3 hours later I was driven to the border. My Uzbek visa is not closed but canceled and I have a new stamp in my passport probably stating that I would not be allowed to Uzbekistan again.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi thierry,

so sorry to read it. According to my understanding of the rules, you did everything by the book and they have no right to deport you. Do you have any more info on the exact reason for deportation?

Let us know if we can help you anywhere.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

thierry

Post by thierry »

Hi Steven
I do not have more information. I tried to explain my point of view (based on information I had on caravanistan and LP) to hotel managers and police officers but my "russian iasik" knowledge is far too basic to argue . My embassy told me that the rule changes or that the rule understanding depends upon the reader. Anyway for me it has not been a big deal. I am now in Dushanbe, keeping on my bicycle tour and using caravanistan as the best data source for travelling here. Pls keep me informed if you can get updated information regarding this Uzbekistan registration rule
1 x

Ewcyna

Post by Ewcyna »

All of this registrations here in Uz so tricky.
I am by bike as well, came through Dostyk border from Osh. First night in Andijan hotel, was lucky to find one for just 12 USD, then cycled to Fergana, where I have friends. I knew about the rule of Fergana valley, having to register every night but spent there finally 3 nights at friends since it was raining hard. Then I phoned hostel in Tashkent how about that and they were really angry, said would cover my ass for these nights.. well they did. I quickly took a train to Tashkent.
Then I left the city where only after 20 km I had an accident, car hit me and bike was broken but at least I am fine. I spent one night in people's house not in Tashkent. I asked about hotel nearby but they said I not such one.. Then I thought about the registration rule and phoned another hostel in Tashkent if I would be allowed there to stay and they said no, sorry, we cannot take you, because your last registration is from Tashkent, then you have nothing for one night, then again back to Tashkent..
So I had to go to any hotel out of the city and simply buy the registration from them.

So again, to make it clear- before coming to Tashkent you have to have registration for the night before.

Not mentioning, that after accident, I was asked about my registration and full way to Tashkent several times.

All of it is such a pain in the neck. Be careful.
1 x

Ewcyna

Post by Ewcyna »

Maybe useful adding - after one month in Uzbekistan mostly on a bike I was asked to show my last registration slip every time apart from one. Hotels would not accept me if there was a gap bigger then 3 nights, one time I was rejected becasue hotel claimed I have to have slip for each and every night.
I left country via Chernayeveka border (Tashkent-Shymkent) and the border officer asked for my registration slips checking them carefully one by one with the dates. I was missing ones from last 5 nights when I cycled from Samarkand and could not find any hotel to take me so also in Taskhen none would take me as well.
He finally let me go but it was a very unpleasant experience.
I hope the new Uzbek president will change this silly registration law.
0 x

Cyrian

Post by Cyrian »

Hello
We will be in tented vehicle for this summer and 4x4.
Will the hotels accept to register we by paying of course, every 3 nights?
Thanks for the answers.
0 x