Budget hotels / hostels in Andijan?

All about Uzbekistan.
gar

Budget hotels / hostels in Andijan?

Post by gar »

Hello, sorry for another hotel post but can anyone recommend a budget hotel in Andijan? From my searching here it seems that Hotel Vella Elegant may be a contender but that's all I've found so far.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Hotels in Andijan

Post by steven »

You can definitely bargain here if you don't book in advance, but there are no hostels and no airbnb.

In 2015, Afrosiyob had a huge room with AC for 120 000 sum. Elita, across from bazaar charged 160000 sum.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Ewcyna

Re: Hotels in Andijan

Post by Ewcyna »

I stayed in Uyut hotel, close to the airport, for only 90000 Sum single room. Found it on my maps me app
1 x

Jake

Re: Budget hotels / hostels in Andijan?

Post by Jake »

It is 2022, and Andijan still doesn't have any hostels that are geared towards English-speaking backpackers... but here are a few options that exist around the city. Haven't actually stayed in any of these, but I've seen the facilities and I've ranked them in order of what seemed the cleanest at the time of my visit. Note: No or few English-speaking staff at any of these.

1) Dunyo Air Tour Hostel (+998 91 184-01-54) - Dorm room beds for 100,000 so'm. Private double room for 200,000 so'm.
2) Qodir Family Guesthouse (+998 99 793-47-10) - Dorm room beds for 100,000 so'm. Private double room for 250,000 so'm.
3) Hostel Farko (+998 91 288 80 98) - Dorm room beds for 50,000 so'm. Some foreign students studying at Andijan State Medical Institute also live here, making the place feel a bit more international.
4) Hostel House (+998 95 202-99-66) - Private rooms for 150,000 so'm. They have dorm rooms as well, but not sure about price.
5) Shohrux Hostel (+99890 625-58-55) - Dorm room beds for 55,000 so'm.
4 x

frankyday

Post by frankyday »

Visitng now in Andjian.

There is a lovely place to stay, which is available in booking.com as well (with very good reviews)

It's called Hostel Eski Shahar.

Phone number 95 200 00 75.

Price is on the budget side.

Room is new and clean (as usual, Central Asia standard), mattress is firm, with strong WIFI and HOT shower.

There is one staff who speak English, but seems only on shift on weekend. For weekdays, staff does NOT speak English but they are all very friendly and eager to help. They may even call their English-speaking staff to help for anything you may have.

They have dorm / private rooms. Rooms maybe with or without windows. Also with or without shower / toilet.

Location is great. Just in the bazaar and within 10 mins walk are a 4-storey modern shopping mall, which has a food court with some fast food cafe.

Price does NOT include breakfast but downstairs are numerous local places serving Uzbek style breakfast.

Definitely recommend to stay.
1 x

malty

Post by malty »

I wish I checked this thread sooner. There are some good options here. I stayed in Farko Hostel recently. The staff are friendly and helpful, but I don’t think the private rooms are good value for money, as for a few bucks more you can find a budget hotel en-suite room with breakfast included (and a TV!). If you’re after a rock-bottom price, you can’t go wrong though.
1 x

Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Problem is Fergana region doesn-t see many tourists (Fergana people were like Indians to me with their level of staring) so there is no competition so prices tend to be a lot higher and limited options. The Eski one said above seems to be the only decent rated & budget place listed on Booking.
0 x