Registration in Uzbekistan - old system [archive]

All about Uzbekistan.
the_journey_of_two

Registration in Uzbekistan

Post by the_journey_of_two »

Hello,
We wonder if anyone can share their recent experiences with the registration in Uzbekistan, and whether they were asked for the slips when crossing the border or not.

We are having different opinions so far: some locals say we don't have to register; some say we do.
We've met last week a few travelers that left Uzbekistan this month and none was asked for the slips.

Any opinions/experiences are most welcome.

Regards
F&R
0 x

leela

Re: Registration in Uzbekistan

Post by leela »

We weren't asked for registration slips when we left Uzbekistan, but personally it's not something I'd risk.
Locals who want to put you up, will likely tell you it's nothing to worry about, because they want the business. We were in a similar situation at a ski resort. It turned out that the guesthouse we hoped to stay in was no longer registered to take foreign tourists. Though the hosts tried to persuade us that it didn't matter, we weren't prepared to risk it.

We did once, in the middle of a trip, have a random police officer ask to see our passports, and he looked at the slips.
0 x

SteveL

Post by SteveL »

We were asked for our slips at the Sariosiyo crossing. The guard at the gate looked at them and the guy who stamped us out looked at them. They didn't read through them, just checked a few to see that we had registered often enough (in their opinion in that moment). We had registered every 3 nights (traveling by bike) with one 4 night gap. Also we did not visit the Fergana Valley where they are more strict and our hotel in Qarshi asked to see all slips before they would register us.
1 x

Lutnistas1969

Post by Lutnistas1969 »

Hello,

last year ( end of October ) my wife and me went to Uzbekistan.
We were asked for our all slips at the Urganch Airport.

Officially - if you stay in one place up to three days - you don't need to have the slips, but on the border ( if they ask you ) you have to prove that you didn't stay longer than three days anywhere. Probably better to have the slips.
1 x

reiseleben

Post by reiseleben »

Hello,

I just arrived in Uzbekistan and the host in my hostel told me, that there have been changes in registration matters as of June 2018. Self-registration should be possible, for example. But he couldn't tell me in detail, what these changes are. Does anyone here know facts about it?

Kind regards from Bukhara
Wolfgang
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »