Re: Registration in Uzbekistan

Post by steven »

0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Bart-Jan

Re: Hotel Registration Problem in Uzbekistan

Post by Bart-Jan »

Hi,
Despite most people having positive experiences I'm still a bit worried. I'm planning to travel trough Uzbekistan on foot so even the odds of missing some registration slips are pretty high. Does anyone have any experience with travelling trough the country try like this?

Furthermore, is there some kind of list to be found with places where you can stay legally. I checked some of the tour organisations sites but they tend to list a small selection (of the more expensive ones). Does anyone know whether such a list exists?

Looking forward to hear from you
Bart-Jan
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Bart-Jan,

there is no such list as I know of. Thing is, since you are walking, it is impossible for you to follow the rules. Even cyclists can't make it if they come from the West. Just not enough accommodation.

Enough people have done it in the past. I haven't heard of any mishaps. People even do couchsurfing, all that stuff, so, since you don't have an option, you will have to go for it anyway and miss some extra slips. You can explain it away if asked, saying you are on a special project to walk everything.
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

Just to say that during our in Uzb we have asked and obtain registartions for each hotels and B&B where we have stayed .
and at border post nobody asked for it when we leaved Uzb (Osh border post)....
RR.
0 x

Bart-Jan

Post by Bart-Jan »

Steven, thanks for reply
Indeed I don't have that much choice so I'll just see how things turn out at the border
1 x

raphaëlle.simounet

Post by raphaëlle.simounet »

Hello,
We also have a registration issue :
At the end of our trip, we will miss 3 registrations :
- 2 because we were/will be in a night-train (we have our train tickets)
- 1 because when we arrived in Moynaq, we discovered that the only hotel (Oybek Hotel) was closed and we had to spend the night in a kind of guesthouse, but they didn't want to give us a registration.
Is it a big issue ?
We heard many different theories : 1/ we need a registration for each night 2/ we cannot spend more than 72 hours without at least one registration 3/ a maximum of 3 nights (in total - including the nights in train or bus) without registration is acceptable for the whole trip.
Does somebody know which option is the good one ?
We can still ask our hotel for an extra-registration for the missing night, is that a good option ?

Thank a lot for your answers and your help !
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

The general rule is that you can't miss three in a row, although in the Ferghana valley you likely need to be registered every night. Night trains are not a problem, and there's a very good chance you won't even have your registration slips checked when you leave the country.
0 x

raphaëlle.simounet

Post by raphaëlle.simounet »

Ok Thank you !

And in deed, we spend 2 nights in the Ferghana Valley and our registration slips (for those 2 nights) were checked on our way back (there is a sort of boarder post on the road between Tashkent and the Ferghana Valley).
0 x

TomasS

Post by TomasS »

Are they some new informations about checking slips? They have new president.... I will be missing three-four slips-Moynaq-no way to get one, camping in Chimgan... Is it still ok on borders, or it would be better to find some hostel, that will cover missing slips? I have camping equipment to show, i just do not want to pay fine 50*minimal wage on the borders... Small bribe is ok:)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

It will be ok.
0 x