Luggage Storage on Trains

All about Uzbekistan.
kevin777r

Luggage Storage on Trains

Post by kevin777r »

Hey there! I am wondering what the situation is with storing luggage on trains in Uzbekistan. I am planning to be taking trains from Andijan to Tashkent and from tashkent to Samarkand later this month. I will be coming overland from Osh following a mountain climbing expedition, so I will have two large (130L) duffel bags of mountain climbing equipment and clothing.

Will it be possible to store these on the trains? Also, would you anticipate any trouble coming over the border from Osh with all of this stuff?

Thanks!
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Luggage Storage on Trains

Post by Milad »

On some trains, people take their entire household, while on others, some weight limit (often 35 kg) or piece limit (3 pcs) is more or less strictly enforced. I have no idea how it is on these trains, but please tell us what happened :D
0 x

kevin777r

Post by kevin777r »

Will do! I’m a little less stressed/worries about it after seeing the two bags fit easily in the back of a sedan today, but they do combine to about 75 kilos
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

It will work itself out, but you can avoid problems by paying for an extra seat. The border will be fine.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D