Khiva - half day parking place for motorbike

All about Uzbekistan.
AdamL

Khiva - half day parking place for motorbike

Post by AdamL »

Hi, within next few days I m plan to go on my motorcycle from the hotel in Nukus to Khiva, for half day walk around and sightseeing, and going back to Nukus for night. I have some concerns leaving the bike just on the street, for few hours. Could you please advise me some solutions there, private parking, maybe some repair shop or other place wher I could left the bike and not be afraid that something is wrong? Or maybe I'm just too cautious?
0 x

hartmonster3

Re: Khiva - half day parking place for motorbike

Post by hartmonster3 »

I would take it into the Old City and look up Islambek Hotel. The owner Murat is a super awesome dude and I'm sure he'd have no problems with you parking there I'd you let him know. 41.379203, 60.362375 are the coordinates,
1 x
From Athens to Beijing coming soon on May 25th, 2018

Follow along at verynearlydisastrous.com

hartmonster3

Post by hartmonster3 »

Also Nukus to Khiva is a loooong day, you might want to sleep in Khiva anyway
0 x
From Athens to Beijing coming soon on May 25th, 2018

Follow along at verynearlydisastrous.com

blakep76

Post by blakep76 »

Every day I was in Khiva I saw touring bikes or 4WDs parked outside the Alibek Guesthouse at the west gate of Ichan Kala.

It actually feels like a very safe area. I'd be surprised if there's much crime or theft. You can actually ride into the old city through the north gate (and skip out on the entrance fee *wink* *wink*.)

Once inside I think pretty much any guesthouse or restaurant would keep an eye on it for you as long as you eat or drink there. Terasa Cafe comes to mind.

Additionally the tourist cops at the west gate entrance are super, super friendly and speak decent English. I bet they can suggest somewhere safe to park.
1 x

AdamL

Post by AdamL »

Thank you all for the answers
0 x