Transit in Tashkent from international to domestic flight

All about Uzbekistan.
Nell

Transit in Tashkent from international to domestic flight

Post by Nell »

Hello.

This will be my first trip to Uzbekistan in october and I have a little concern. :D
I will have to transit to Tashkent airport after an international flight from Paris, to take a domestic flight to Urgench 5:40 hours later.
Both flights with Uzbekistan Airways. My question is : do I have to pick up my luggage at my arrival in Tashkent, to go through security, customs and check-in again with my luggage for the connecting flight ?
And will the 5:40 hours between the two flights will be enough ?

Thanks !
Nell
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Transit in Tashkent from international to domestic flight

Post by steven »

Hi Nell,

I am not sure if you need to go through check-in again, but 5.40 hours will be enough should you need to do that.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

AreWeThereYet?

Post by AreWeThereYet? »

Hi Nell

I'm afraid you will, principally because the domestic terminal and the international one are on opposite sides of the airfield (or at least they were when I went there). Not too sure on how to move from one to the other.
2 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.

Eepofje

Post by Eepofje »

I was wondering if anyone can tell me something about their experiences changing from international to domestic.
We will be arriving at Tashkent 02:45( that's an international flight) and have to change to domestic because we are heading to Urgench. This flight leaves 07:25.

When we booked this flight we weren't too worried, now we are starting to think we might have been a little too optimistic.
Can anyone please tell us, what to expect?
0 x

blakep76

Post by blakep76 »

Plenty of time - you'll be fine. Immigration is very fast - change some money here, too. In my experience at the new terminal the baggage collection was slow, but most reports from more recent months indicate they've sorted that out. It's conceivable you could be off the plane through the bureaucratic processes and out in the airport carpark within half an hour, and you only really need to allow 10 minutes by taxi to get to the domestic terminal.
Once you get to Domestic you'll likely have the whole terminal to yourself - there are only a handful of domestic flights each day and the security in that part of the airport is quick since there aren't a whole lot of passengers around....once to enter the terminal ground, a second time to enter the building and a third time to enter the boarding gate area.
As long as your flight isn't (significantly) delayed from Paris your biggest problem is probably going to be to work out how to kill 3 or 4 hours.
1 x

EvilDoctorK

Post by EvilDoctorK »

There's really nothing in the domestic terminal at all ... I wouldn't head straight there - there might be slightly more open around the International Terminal .. or you could pay a taxi driver to drive you around the sights at night ? .. There's no point in arriving at the domestic terminal much before 0630, there'll be nothing to do there and there's no need to be there more than an hour or so before your flight - it's about 10 minutes at most in a taxi from one terminal to the other - there'll be no traffic at that hour.

Wouldn't worry about the connection anyway .. as long as your flight is vaguely on time you'll be fine .. even if it's 3 hours late you'd probably still be okay
1 x