Khiva Train Station

All about Uzbekistan.
Wilbur

Khiva Train Station

Postby Wilbur » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:48 am

Does anybody know if or when scheduled services will start from Khiva's new train station and if so what the timetable of services is?
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Khiva Train Station

Postby Milad » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:26 pm

The latest News I found is an article from January 2018 according to which the new line Khiva-Urgench was nearly finished. Uzbek Railways say that they want to run Afrosiyob trains to Khiva, I think that that's not going to happen anytime soon as they'd need to electrificate the line Urgench-Bukhara, which would be expensive and of little practical use, as the Afrosiyob would be no faster than a normal train (from soviet times) here, as the line is not built for high speeds. Maybe, there will be an elektrishka from Urgench to Khiva once or twice a day, maybe there will be a few through cars Tashkent-Khiva, no idea yet, all information from Uzbek Railways PR department is unrealistic. It's also possible that they won't run any passenger trains there until Afrosiyob trains can run there, that would take a lot of time, several years at least.
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:03 am

The inaugural train has run, but I have not found a schedule online yet

https://www.uzdaily.uz/articles-id-40609.htm
2 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:30 pm

pass.rzd.ru has a schedule now, a night train consisting of a few through cars 4 times a week to Tashkent, travel time 17 hours. Stops in Bukhara in the late evening, Samarkand in the middle of the night.
To my surprise, this train has 4 classes (lyux, kupe, platskart, obshchi), I strongly recommend not to choose 4th class (obshichi), which has become quite uncommon and is essentially a platskart with more places being sold than beds exist and without bed linen, thought for sitting, not for sleeping.
2 x