Trek Fan Mountains - Need help

All things concerning hiking, skiing, horse riding, cycling,...
martinpaga

Trek Fan Mountains - Need help

Postby martinpaga » Sat May 05, 2018 9:31 am

Hi. I'm planning a trek in Fann Mountains. My idea was to go to Penjikent and ask and do some trek starting at Artush.

Should I go through Penjikent or is it better to go straight to Artush and start there?

In case you want to do a trek of several days and need guidance, in which of the two cities do you recommend looking?

One of the options I had seen to do is the Kulikalon Bowl and Alaudin Lake.

I am looking forward to your response.

Best regards.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Trek Fan Mountains - Need help

Postby steven » Wed May 09, 2018 4:19 am

Hi Martin,

I would not go looking in the city center of either of these places hoping to find a guide. You will not find one, this is not Nepal where tour operators line the streets.

Contact people in advance via internet if you need a guide.

We know some great people who can hook you up, but be aware that if you are going alone, it will be expensive, and since there are not so many people traveling here, it is difficult to match you with a group.

https://caravanistan.com/tours/tajikistan
0 x
I try to read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Julia

Postby Julia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:20 am

zz4598 wrote:I also have this question.

Definitely need to look for a guide on-line. You can accidentally meet some guides in hostels and base camps like Artuch and Vertikal. But they are already occupied with hiking and have a group of people they guide. Very low chance that you meet a guide who's not busy and just waiting for clients.
2 x

satika

Postby satika » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:19 am

I had a very good experience with Artuch Travel in the alplager. I was there off season so enough space and time to discuss possibilities, but please contact them(Google, Facebook) if you are planning to do a hike or other trip in that area during the season. Beside the hiking they have a broad knowledge of the history and culture of Tadjikistan.
1 x