Silk route and kitesurfing

All things concerning hiking, skiing, horse riding, cycling,...
Forum rules
Looking for a hiking buddy? Please post your request in the travel sharing forums, not here. Thank you!
Fox3000

Silk route and kitesurfing

Post by Fox3000 »

Hi, anyone some inspiring ideas regarding kitesurfing on the Silk route starting in Spain and then via Italy, Greece and Turkey to Iran?
It would so enormous great to combine kitesurfing on this trip and meet likeminded people.
Hope to hear from you!

Grtz
Mik
0 x

Fox3000

Silk route & kitesurfing

Post by Fox3000 »

Hey!

I am very searching my way around to make a very nice Silk Route and preferably combine this with kitesurfing and trailrunning with my husband and supersweet dog.
We are thinking of travelling via Spain -> Italy -> ferry to Greece -> Turkey -> Iran -> maybe Oman/ United Arabic Emirates.

Anyone some great ideas/ further inspiration?

Your input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance!

Warm regards,
Mik
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Silk route and kitesurfing

Post by steven »

I'm not an expert on either these countries or kitesurfing, but I'd like to add Karakul Lake in Tajikistan as a good kitesurfing destination for future readers. Was the host of the Roof of the World Regatta for a couple of years, very spectacular, but cold place for kitesurfing.

In Turkey I once went to visit someone in Alacati, near Izmir. He had moved there specifically for the kitesurfing.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Fox3000

Post by Fox3000 »

Hi Steven, Alacati sounds great too, I heard of it before, will def have a further look about this place
0 x

Lovetheworld

Post by Lovetheworld »

We have been to the south coast of Iran, the Persian Gulf. I guess it sucks for surfing, because the see is very quite and little wind.
We are not surfers, but our German friends are, who were with us.

One day there was quite some wind, and he took the oppertunity. So yes, he wind surfed on the Persian gulf :P

All the Iranian people told us that he should come back quickly, and should try again tomorrow, when the sea would be calm again :D

Perhaps it would work better from one of the islands like Qeshm.
0 x