Searching for camping gear/gas in Samarkand!

All things concerning hiking, skiing, horse riding, cycling,...
Forum rules
Looking for a hiking buddy? Please post your request in the travel sharing forums, not here. Thank you!
lostcanuck

Searching for camping gear/gas in Samarkand!

Postby lostcanuck » Sat May 04, 2019 7:39 am

Hey there!

I'm currently in Samarkand with plans to travel through Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan over the next three weeks. Given my desire to do a fair bit of trekking, I am in need of a tent and sleeping bag. I could go up to Tashkent as I've heard there are some shops there, but my first stop is the Fann Mountains, so its a bit out of the way. If anyone has any suggestions, or is looking to sell gear (in Samarkand, Tashkent, Panjikent, or Dushanbe) I would greatly appreciate it! Perhaps I could get away with no tent before I get to Dushanbe, but I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

Also, if anyone has similar plans, I'd love to meet some people along the way! I'm a 23 y/o solo traveler from Canada :)
Thanks a bunch!

|Cole
0 x

PassionOlm

Re: Searching for camping gear in Samarkand!

Postby PassionOlm » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 pm

I realize that this has been posted a month ago and the trip is perhaps over. Would love to know how this turned out!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Searching for camping gear/gas in Samarkand!

Postby steven » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:45 am

You can see what's new in this forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4936
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

milena

gas cartridge in Samarkand

Postby milena » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:39 pm

Hello,

do you know if there is an option to get a gas cartridge somewhere around Samarkand? I'm planning to go to the Fann Mountains straight from there (via Panjakent) and cannot find any information about that.

Cheers,
Milena
0 x

caxopog

Postby caxopog » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi!

Have the same question as Milena
We're heading to Samarkand in 2 weeks and i can't find any info about camping gas in Samarkand : (
0 x

Markus

Postby Markus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:17 am

I think, there ist no option in Samarkand. You can buy gas bottles in Penjikent. The name of the shop is Armughon, on the main road. Tel. +992 927746202.
2 x

caxopog

Postby caxopog » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:01 am

Thanks, we'll call him
We've already reserved gas in Artuch camp, but it's too expensive in camp - 20$ per item.

Also, we're searching for the transfer. For now, we've decided to just ride to Penjikent border , pass it and then search for the driver to Artuch camp.
Camp itself also provide transfer, but, again, 100$ for the ride Penjikent-Artuch camp looks like too much : (
0 x