China visa free now (sort of, for some)

All about China. Expert: bwv812
LeTapir

Re: China visa free now (sort of, for some)

Post by LeTapir »

solimoes wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:13 pm
Hi LeTapir, I read on different sites that entry into China with visa exemption is not allowed if the passport has a Turkey stamp. Was this your case? Do you know more?
LeTapir wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:15 pm
Hello All
First thanks to Caravanistan and the community for great help this site provides to backpackers and travelers of the silk road.

I can confirm the Khorgas crossing (Almaty-Yining/Urumqi) is fine to cross visa-free for those eligible (French in my case).
Went with the bus to Yining, no visa, got helped to fill in the immigration form, fingerprints taken, questions about previous travels (silk road countries basically), about the itinerary, about my job. The lady asked her boss to validate the entrance but everybody seemed well-aware of that new (temporary) policy.
It did not take much more time to cross than for a random kazakh. No phone search, no intrusive behaviour, well behaved staff.
Safe travels
Hi Solimoes, yes it was my case, was 15-20 days in Turkey in July 2023, it did not cause problems for me at Chinese border. I don't know more about it.
0 x

solimoes

Post by solimoes »

Thanks a lot LeTapir !
LeTapir wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:42 am
solimoes wrote:
Hi LeTapir, I read on different sites that entry into China with visa exemption is not allowed if the passport has a Turkey stamp. Was this your case? Do you know more?
LeTapir wrote:
Hello All
First thanks to Caravanistan and the community for great help this site provides to backpackers and travelers of the silk road.

I can confirm the Khorgas crossing (Almaty-Yining/Urumqi) is fine to cross visa-free for those eligible (French in my case).
Went with the bus to Yining, no visa, got helped to fill in the immigration form, fingerprints taken, questions about previous travels (silk road countries basically), about the itinerary, about my job. The lady asked her boss to validate the entrance but everybody seemed well-aware of that new (temporary) policy.
It did not take much more time to cross than for a random kazakh. No phone search, no intrusive behaviour, well behaved staff.
Safe travels
Hi Solimoes, yes it was my case, was 15-20 days in Turkey in July 2023, it did not cause problems for me at Chinese border. I don't know more about it.
0 x

energico

Post by energico »

Hello, is there information, if we can enter with our own car without needing a guide?
0 x

Spretti

Post by Spretti »

Hi, driving with your car is possible but requires a lot of paperwork and patience. I was able to obtain documents from the Vehicle Management Station of Traffic Police Headquarters of Shanghai Public Security Bureau. I translated it, and the original version is also on the page.
1 x
Traveling in China by RV/caravan with family in my free time is my passion. Many places were visited and still many places to go. East/west and from north to south. Always using rental RVs from different agencies and checking out the various campsites with reviews from actual experience CrissCrossChina

LeTapir

Post by LeTapir »

New countries are getting visa free access by mid-march
Switzerland, Ireland, Hungary, Austria, Belgium, and Luxembourg
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202403/1308360.shtml
2 x

julianjumps

Post by julianjumps »

Regarding reentries:
The german embassy officially states the following (Translated with DeepL.com):

"Anyone who fulfills the requirements for visa-free entry to China can stay in China several times without a visa. There are currently no restrictions on the number of visa-free visits or the total number of days of stay. "

Regarding Tickets, etc.:

"We recommend that you carry letters of invitation, flight and hotel booking receipts and other documents proving the purpose of your visit."

Source: ucp.php?mode=activate&u=14396&k=ZL09XPDUR

My take: visa runs, visits to Mongolia or whatever should be no problem, and though (plane/hotel)tickets are not a nessessity, having some tickets mights be advised.
1 x

minion

Post by minion »

LeTapir wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:42 am
solimoes wrote:
LeTapir wrote:
Hello All

Safe travels
solimoes, which border did you enter at china when having turkey visa? by land or by air?
0 x

lealala

Post by lealala »

hello! any recent of crossing the chinese border from tajikistan (Qolma/Kulma Pass) wthout a visa? we are both from countries that apparently don't need a visa to transit. We are planning to cross from murghab to tashkorgan to sost (Pakistan) in summer by hitchhiking and are wondering if the visa-free policy is working well ...
0 x