Leaving China with China registered Vehicle

All about China. Expert: bwv812
larumo

Leaving China with China registered Vehicle

Post by larumo »

Hello to all fellow travellers,

I am currently planning an overland motorcycle trip from Chongqing, where I currently work, back home to Germany, starting early August
The motorcycle is not registered in my name as this is not possible here. But I have a work visa as well as a chinese driving licence.

Does anybody know which documents I need to leave China with my bike?
I know it was done several times in the past, unfortunally none of the guys did respond to my questions so far.
So I hope someone here can give me some hints.
0 x

larumo

Re: Leaving China with China registered Vehicle

Post by larumo »

For those who are interested. Crossing into Kazachstan from the new border in Khorgos was impossible. It cost me 4 days discussing several options there, but at the end all failed. Tried then the small border in Alashankou and there it worked surprisingly easy.
1 x

bertrand25

Post by bertrand25 »

Hello Larumo, so you managed to cross the border to Kazakhstan with a chinese registered motorbike, with chinese plates? Do you reckon it's possible with a car as well? I am on the early stage of thinking of doing a similar project. Thanks.
0 x

litesport

Post by litesport »

I too would like more information regarding this.
My name is Brendan and I'm a schoolteacher here in Beijing.
I am currently planning to make a motorcycle trip from Kashgar to ride the Pamir highway in June/July 2024
I could enter Kyrgyzstan and then into Tajikistan, make a big loop and re-enter China from Tajikistan via the Qolma pass. Or do this in reverse.

I am wondering if anyone has any up-to-date information regarding taking a Chinese registered motorcycle out of China.
The motorcycle is registered in my Chinese name and obviously I have a Chinese driver's licence.

Cheers
0 x