German news agencies got hold of the chinese surveillance app

All about China. Expert: bwv812
kunibald

German news agencies got hold of the chinese surveillance app

Post by kunibald »

https://www.tagesschau.de/investigativ/ ... g-103.html

Hey, maybe it's of some interest for you. Two german news agencies (the federal NDR and the private Süddeutsche Zeitung, both trustworthy sources together with Vice Motherboard and The Guardian / NYT) did an article on the mysterious app that will be installed on your device on the border crossings to Xinjiang. They got hands on the app and provide screenshots in the article.

- the app is only working with android devices. maybe there is some kind of device for iOS devices though
- it's copying SMS, contacts and your usernames for chinese social networks
- the data is transfered somewhere else
- it's comparing the content of your phone (pictures, videos, etc) with 73.000 checksums. only a few of this checksums were decrypted and mainly consisted of daesh propaganda, but also dalai lama pictures, stuff about taiwan and certain songs of japanese heavy metal bands.
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: German news agencies got hold of the chinese surveillance app

Post by steven »

Note: someone e-mailed me saying I should put this up on my Irkeshtam page. Had to tell them we have it on our Xinjiang page for ages (which is linked from the Irkeshtam page): https://caravanistan.com/east-turkestan/

PS: none of this is new, I outlined the workings of the Jingweng app there I think 2 years ago already. I just noticed the site I linked to is dead, though, so I removed the link.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Timlemaitre

Re: German news agencies got hold of the chinese surveillance app

Post by Timlemaitre »

Hi
When this app is on your phone, can you see it ?
On jeminay they checked my phone but I don't think it has been set up.
0 x