Two passports at Xinjiang border

All about China. Expert: bwv812
Blindcapitals

Two passports at Xinjiang border

Post by Blindcapitals »

I'm planning to cross into Xinjiang from Kazakhstan end of the month. I posted separately about electronics and got some helpful responses. I just thought of something else potentially problematic...

I have two British passports. The older one has my Chinese visa in it and the newer one I've been using pretty much consistently since the UK overland so has all my stamps in it.

Worry is that when I use old passport with visa and tell them about my trip during questioning, they might wonder why no stamps... Am I being overly paranoid? I'm imagining they'd be highly sucpicious of me having two passports.
0 x

richard mole

Re: Two passports at Xinjiang border

Post by richard mole »

Hi.
Tell them the truth.
Richard
PS . Delete “embarrassing” photos from your devices
1 x

Blindcapitals

Post by Blindcapitals »

Will do - is it also a good idea to be honest about speaking Chinese? I was told not to, but I'm thinking... If I go in pretending to be clueless, and then their Public Security Bureau people see I can get by, maybe they will be suspicious... I'm not sure how much border guards would talk to internal security? (I'm a not by any means fluent, but can get by)
0 x

richard mole

Post by richard mole »

Hi Blind Capitals;

Proceed on the assumption that security,military,police forces know everything about you.
Only be "cute" if you have something of significance that MUST be concealed.
RM
0 x