Crossing China from Erenhot (Mongolia) to Mohan (Laos) in October 2016

All about China. Expert: bwv812
dianad

Crossing China from Erenhot (Mongolia) to Mohan (Laos) in October 2016

Post by dianad »

We plan to cross China from Erenhot (Mongolia) to Mohan (Laos) around October 2016 and we are looking for travelers who plan the same route to share costs for the guide and the permits required. We are traveling with a Landrover Defender and plan around one month for this trip. We've already got several offers from tour operators. If you have similar plans and are interested in building a group, please get in touch.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Crossing China from Erenhot (Mongolia) to Mohan (Laos) in October 2016

Post by steven »

Hi dianad,

I am copying this into the Travel Sharing forum. More chance that someone interested might see it there.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Post by 1288711 »

Hello,
Just to ask, have you already done this crossing? A friend and I are planning to drive from the netherlands down to Thailand, and we planned to go through China.

I've heard it's relatively easy to drive OUT of China, but not so easy to drive in. I've heard talk of having to go through tour companies etc.
But i think the main reason for that is the general requirement for a chinese license.

Did you have to do it via a tour group? / tour operator/ agent? or could you do it yourself?

If you have already done it, how long did the border crossing take?
thank you
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Find some info regarding driving your own car in china here: http://caravanistan.com/transport/driving/china/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D