Bradt guides 50% off

Talk about the forum & website, off-topic chatter, etc.
thl989

Bradt guides 50% off

Post by thl989 »

Good Kazakhstan guide, the Tajikistan one leaves something to be desired. An email received:

"

A message to Bradt customers – we need you now!

We wanted to reach out to all those who have bought a Bradt guide from our website in the past. If you receive our newsletter, you will know the thrust of what is coming in the message below. Apologies – we won’t be clogging up your inbox with repeated pleas, we promise. (But I might as well take the opportunity to let you know that we are now offering Bradt Vouchers on our site at HALF PRICE for a limited period, redeemable for two years against any of our titles!)

If you haven’t received our newsletter, we’d be so grateful if you’d spare a couple of minutes to read on. We very much hope our message might be of interest to you, as someone who has used our guidebooks in the past.

‘I wanted to write to say that your guides have been literally lifesaving on several of my adventures’

Mark in Toronto is one of many readers who have dropped us a line in recent days. Travellers all over the world have written to tell us of the places they’re dreaming of visiting when the restrictions are lifted. These messages of support are truly heart-warming, and we’re so thankful l for them. We know this virus will pass.

But there’s a growing danger that Bradt Guides won’t still be around when that time comes. Sales of our books have stopped entirely. Bradt Guides – founded by Hilary Bradt 47 years ago – is the only major guidebook publisher in the UK and US which is still independently owned, and the current postponement of travel has left us in a desperate situation. Without a parent company like our competitors, we are fighting to make it to the other side, and to ensure we’re there to save the life of Mark from Toronto on his future adventures.

I’m therefore taking the unprecedented (ah, yes, that word again!) step of writing to everyone who has bought a book from our website in recent times to ask if they will consider supporting us by buying once more. This isn’t something we do lightly. For nearly 50 years, Bradt has supported those destinations that are otherwise overlooked. Now we’re the ones in need of help.

It’s not just a plea for help, though – it’s a rallying cry. As we hunker down, it does us good to push the four walls back by anticipating what lies ahead. As Richard from California wrote to us yesterday: ‘This will pass! In the meantime, we are taking advantage of this down time to read about travel, to decide where we want to visit and to plan for our next adventure.’

Yes, now’s the time to revisit that bucket-list, start thinking about those itineraries, read that background information on a country that so often you can only skim read on the plane. If you don’t have a particular destination in mind, you can buy a Bradt Voucher (redeemable for two years!).

And this is the perfect time to buy. There is currently 50% off everything on our website – books and vouchers (click on the banner ad at the bottom). We’re even offering a different ebook every day at £1, so you can trot the globe from your armchair.

I understand you’ll be affected too by the current crisis, and you may not be in a position to support us. If that’s the case, we wish you very well and hope you’ll be able to travel with us when times are better for everyone.

But if you feel you can afford to buy a Bradt guide or two (or a voucher) now, rather than waiting for the lockdown to end, we’d be enormously grateful. Only our forward-thinking readers can help us through this period.

We need you. Mark in Toronto needs you. Please keep dreaming – and keep reading.

With best wishes

Adrian Phillips
Managing Director
1 x