Classic pop top campervan for sale. Central Asia - Winter 2018/19

Put your wanted/for sale ads here for cars and motorbikes
Forum rules
For sale ads will be automatically removed 180 days after the last post was made.
chrisg

Classic pop top campervan for sale. Central Asia - Winter 2018/19

Postby chrisg » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:34 am

It is with a heavy heart that we are looking to sell our beloved 1986 Renault Trafic pop-top campervan.

The van was custom converted out of the factory to perfection and transforms in every possible way. It can be 2,3 or 4 seats, single or double bed, the table fits in two positions and there are two additional bunk bends in the pop top for little ones. The main selling point for us was that the front (swivel) seats are used to make a large double bed which uses the space right to the front, a rare find making the living space at the back far bigger than average for a van this size. It can also fit 6 people round the table and has ample head height with the roof up.

We bought the van as mechanically it was simple and reliable. This remains true, it has crossed the Pamir Highway in Autumn (-20 degree cold starts) without issue. The gearbox was rebuilt by a previous owner, which was important for us for a car this age and the mileage is relatively low (110,000 miles).

The 3 way fridge and propex heater still both work as new - it is the only blown air heater I have come across that works under all conditions, even at 4600m altitude, and so is invaluable for travelling comfortably in winter months.

The only downsides are those expected for a vehicle this age, it has some wear and tear, the engine needs some occasional TLC and there is a small dent in the rear bodywork. Fortunately there is no chassis rust damage, so there should be plenty of life left in her for years to come. Spare parts are common across some Lada models, so being an old Renault in Central Asia has yet to prove a problem.

The van is in currently in Kyrgyzstan, we will be travelling in it for the next month within the country and to Kazakstan briefly, but can drop it off anywhere within reason. It can also remain here for 12 months in storage under its current local tax.

Please get in touch for more details and photos on whatsapp (Chris - 00447739194656). The van is currently registered in the UK and comes with many spare parts and accessories (snow chains etc).
Attachments
vanext1.jpg
vanext1.jpg (129.16 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
van int2.jpg
van int2.jpg (131.22 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
van_front2.jpg
van_front2.jpg (115.59 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Classic pop top campervan for sale. Central Asia - Winter 2018/19

Postby steven » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 am

I think Renault should use your pictures for their next ad campaign.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

chrisg

Postby chrisg » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 pm

I agree, happy to split any sponsorship deal! 🤣
0 x

nomadichappiness

Postby nomadichappiness » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Renault has proved to be a good choice for us too, old renault R4 made it through 22000km in central asia!
I'll add We met chris & Ann in Azerbaijan, and loved their Renault van. she's really cosy and seems very comfy!
0 x