Car 4x4 available in Bishkek 23 April

Put your wanted/for sale ads here for cars and motorbikes
Forum rules
For sale ads will be automatically removed 180 days after the last post was made.
Simon Hewitt

Car 4x4 available in Bishkek 23 April

Postby Simon Hewitt » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:37 pm

We are planning to arrive in Bishkek on 23 April 2019 in our Hyundai Terracan. It is 2006, UK registered, reasonably low mileage, great condition, spacious, 4 wheel drive, low ratio gear box, two spare wheels, extra diesel tanks, good all-terrain tyres, converted to sleep in the back, complete with tools, spares, camping equipment, etc. We would like to either to sell it or do a really attractive deal for somebody to drive it back to western Europe. Its a great opportunity !
0 x

joanner

Re: Car 4x4 available in Bishkek 23 April

Postby joanner » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi Simon, we are a Canadian couple possibly interested in driving the car back to Europe for you. How do you imagine that working, with border crossings etc ? Do you have any pictures of the car, does it sleep 2 in the back? Thanks very much! Joanne
0 x

Simon Hewitt

Postby Simon Hewitt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 am

Hi Joanne. That would be great. I can take some photos and send them to you. Not sure if i can do so on this forum, probably easier by email ? My address is [email protected], so please send me an email to that address and i will send back some photos. My understanding from other threads on this forum is that we write a formal letter to say that I, as the owner, authorise you to drive my car. I think that other people have had such a letter notarised by a lawyer in Bishkek so it looks official. That then reassures officials that you have not stolen the car ! You would need to arrange insurance - you can just buy this at the border in the Stans, but not sure how it would work for Europe. Also, perhaps some sort of returnable deposit in case you have an accident or trash the car ? It is worth around $3500, but i would not be looking for anything like that - it would mainly be a trust arrangement. It sleeps two people in the back - we are travelling to Bishkek with four people - my wife and i in a tent, and our (adult) daughter and her partner sleeping in the car. I chose it specifically so we could do this. Drop me an email and i will send some photos. Thanks, Simon
1 x

Simon Hewitt

Postby Simon Hewitt » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:42 am

Hi Joanne - any thoughts about the car ? We will be leaving the UK on 22 March. Thanks, Simon
0 x

edblax

Postby edblax » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:51 pm

When do you want the car to arrive back in the UK? We have some friends who will be in Central Asia mid may who could be very interested, but would want to take their time.
0 x

Simon Hewitt

Postby Simon Hewitt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:12 pm

We do not have any deadline by which the car needs to be back, but if your friends wanted it for a long time (months) we would obviously much prefer to sell it to them. If they were only going to take a few weeks, then the arrangements outlined in my previous post would work. But we would be willing to consider any arrangements that made sense. Somebody else is also interested - nothing definite yet, but obviously they get first refusal. I am sending out photos when i get the car back from being serviced middle of next week - if you would like photos, feel free to email me (my address is in the previous post). Thanks, Simon
0 x

Simon Hewitt

Postby Simon Hewitt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:14 pm

The other issue is that we need to be in Bishkek on 22 April (one of our group has a flight out on that day), and i will probably stay for a week, perhaps two max, but cannot really stay there longer than that.
0 x