Willing to drive a car back to Europe (middle of Sept.)

Put your wanted/for sale ads here for cars and motorbikes
Forum rules
For sale ads will be automatically removed 180 days after the last post was made.
P.Smurfy

Willing to drive a car back to Europe (middle of Sept.)

Postby P.Smurfy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Dear all,

I don`t want to buy a car but I would be happy to drive your car back to the EU/Germany. Preferably I would start around the 15th of September from Nur-Sultan but the date and the place is negotiable.

Feel free to get in touch! :-)

Best!
0 x

Jemshort

Re: Willing to drive a car back to Europe (middle of Sept.)

Postby Jemshort » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi
I was looking to sell my VW Golf 2001 in Kyrgyzstan but would consider someone driving it back to the UK. It would be mid October though - is that too late for you?
Jem
0 x

Maria - Silkroaders

Re: Willing to drive a car back to Europe (middle of Sept.)

Postby Maria - Silkroaders » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:03 am

Hi,
We have been looking how to get rid of a car in the Eurasian customs and it is proving to be a nightmare.
I think you can still sell a RHD in Kyrgyzstan until 2020, however not in the neighbouring countries. Problem is the import tax will be your engine size in CC multiplied by 6. E.g. 1.9tdi – 1900cc = 11400 USD.
http://www.customs.kg/index.php/ru/oncalc
Leaving the car you will still be faced with the import tax or most likely not be able to come back into the Eurasian customs union. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Customs_Union
Scrap yard option – long process which apparently cost around 800 to 900 USD and approximate 45 days for the clearance.
Crash it and have the police declare a “write off” probability easiest, but would not recommend intentionally.
Our car broke down and we are looking for one to tow it out of the customs union, so if you want to us to drive yours back let me know.
Kind regards
0 x