E-visa rejected; alternative strategies?

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
TajikVisa

E-visa rejected; alternative strategies?

Post by TajikVisa »

Hello,

I plan to go to Tajikistan in August/September but unfortunately my e-Visa just got rejected (no obvious reason, I just got 'no' for an answer). In the application, I've attached an itinerary, my flight numbers and booking confirmation for the first nights in Dushanbe but still no luck. Since I would like to obtain a visa before arrival and rather not go through the trouble of getting a visum on arrival, I am looking at other options.

It seems to me I've got three options;
1) Retry via the evisa online portal (https://www.evisa.tj/index.evisa.html). I am wondering if there is any chance of getting the e-visa the second try, since the first one already got rejected?
2) Obtain the 'standard visa' instead of the e-visa on https://www.visa.gov.tj/index.html, for which I need to go to the closest Tajik embassy (Brussels in my case). For this option, I also need to upload a 'petition letter of the tourist organization' and 'license of tourist organization for tourist activities'. Does anybody know an organization who can provide me with this?
3) Going through the trouble of getting a visa on arrival.

The fourth option (and least favourable) would be to enter visa-free for 30 days, but exceed this number (my plan is to stay 40 days) and get fined.

I'm open for all tips and advice!

Thanks in advance!
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

How about a visa run?

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

TajikVisa wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:12 pm
The fourth option (and least favourable) would be to enter visa-free for 30 days, but exceed this number (my plan is to stay 40 days) and get fined.
Will you stay anywhere near the Tajik-Uzbek border where you could cross over for a night (e.g. Khujand to Tashkent or Panjakent to Samarkand)?
If so, you could attempt a visa run to split your 40 days into two stays of less than 30 days each, especially since you have a confirmed flight out of Dushanbe for your "second" entry.

Obviously this doesn't work if you're focusing on the South of the country since you won't be crossing into any of the other neighbouring countries as a tourist anytime soon.
0 x

TajikVisa

Re: How about a visa run?

Post by TajikVisa »

RollingTreeHouse wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:41 pm
TajikVisa wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:12 pm
Will you stay anywhere near the Tajik-Uzbek border where you could cross over for a night (e.g. Khujand to Tashkent or Panjakent to Samarkand)?
If so, you could attempt a visa run to split your 40 days into two stays of less than 30 days each, especially since you have a confirmed flight out of Dushanbe for your "second" entry.

Obviously this doesn't work if you're focusing on the South of the country since you won't be crossing into any of the other neighbouring countries as a tourist anytime soon.
I plan to cycle part of the Pamir Highway (if I manage to get the GBAO permit on the ground) so unfortunately this won't be an option... If I cannot get into the Pamir this will be a good option!
0 x

cat_hag

Re: E-visa rejected; alternative strategies?

Post by cat_hag »

My visa application was also rejected a few weeks ago, after multiple messages from the system saying my passport scan was "incorrect" and telling me to upload a new one.

I reapplied and got the eVisa within a couple of days through a travel agent who works with Caravanistan. If you'd like his details, PM me.
0 x

TajikVisa

Re: E-visa rejected; alternative strategies?

Post by TajikVisa »

cat_hag wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:28 am
My visa application was also rejected a few weeks ago, after multiple messages from the system saying my passport scan was "incorrect" and telling me to upload a new one.

I reapplied and got the eVisa within a couple of days through a travel agent who works with Caravanistan. If you'd like his details, PM me.
Thank you for the tip! I've sent you a private message.
0 x