Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
farringtonb
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 16, 2024 1:43 pm

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by farringtonb »

is the issue for your UK passport primarily due to your GBAO permit request do you think?
0 x

jamesb.2810
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 12:32 pm
x 1

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by jamesb.2810 »

farringtonb wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:07 pm
is the issue for your UK passport primarily due to your GBAO permit request do you think?
I don't think so, I just got rejected again without GBAO permit
0 x

matt2matt2002
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:11 pm
x 9
x 4

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by matt2matt2002 »

jamesb.2810 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm
jamesb.2810 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 12:41 pm
20 year old British citizen experience here:

Applied for Tajik e-visa with GBAO permit on 22/04/2024. Unsure of my travel dates so I put some dates at the start of the 60-day period which I know I'll travel for. After a few days they requested travel tickets, itinerary and hotel bookings. I'll be entering/leaving by train from Uzbekistan which can't be booked online, so I phoned the Tajik embassy in London and they said to just upload a typed out version of my itinerary, specifying that I will enter/leave overland. I did so as well as put some cancelable hotel bookings in. A few days later they requested a letter of invitation, so again I phoned the embassy and they again said to just upload an itinerary so I did the same but with more details and my flight bookings to/from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. A few days later they again requested a letter of invitation so I uploaded a note in Russian that said the embassy said I didn't need a letter of invitation. A few days later, rejected. Could well be due to the fact that I didn't put any travel details to GBAO on my itinerary, and just attached a note saying that maybe I will go. I have applied again without GBAO permit and will try to get the permit on the ground in Tajikistan. If that is rejected I will apply for an in-person visa in Kazakhstan.

Hope some of that will be helpful for people in a similar situation, and if anyone has any comments on perhaps why I was rejected and what I should do moving forward that would be most appreciated.
Update: I've found a company who do a letter of invitation for a very reasonable price. Sent a couple details over whatsapp and received it back within an hour for 30 euros. The company is Discover the Pamirs and you can message their whatsapp +992 931201114
Recently - last 2 weeks - 2 UK passport holders used that company for a LOI. They were in Uzbekistan when they applied for an Evisa and GBOA. Wrote itinteray in Russian and English etc. Both exact same wording on applications. Lady rejected, husband approved. No refunds of course.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/pag ... =page_prev

Crazy situation.
A few years ago I heard that there were now Tourism police in Tajikistan. Maybe they are the ones who could help sort out this problem? No idea how to contact them though.
0 x
SIGNATURE
2014 Scottish End2End 1 month
2015 Pamir Highway Tajikistan & Kyrgyzstan for 2 months
2016 Sri Lanka for 1+ month.
2017 Herbrides Lewis Harris 3 weeks
2018 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 4 weeks.
On a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.

jamesb.2810
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 12:32 pm
x 1

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by jamesb.2810 »

matt2matt2002 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:10 pm
jamesb.2810 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm
jamesb.2810 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 12:41 pm
20 year old British citizen experience here:

Applied for Tajik e-visa with GBAO permit on 22/04/2024. Unsure of my travel dates so I put some dates at the start of the 60-day period which I know I'll travel for. After a few days they requested travel tickets, itinerary and hotel bookings. I'll be entering/leaving by train from Uzbekistan which can't be booked online, so I phoned the Tajik embassy in London and they said to just upload a typed out version of my itinerary, specifying that I will enter/leave overland. I did so as well as put some cancelable hotel bookings in. A few days later they requested a letter of invitation, so again I phoned the embassy and they again said to just upload an itinerary so I did the same but with more details and my flight bookings to/from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. A few days later they again requested a letter of invitation so I uploaded a note in Russian that said the embassy said I didn't need a letter of invitation. A few days later, rejected. Could well be due to the fact that I didn't put any travel details to GBAO on my itinerary, and just attached a note saying that maybe I will go. I have applied again without GBAO permit and will try to get the permit on the ground in Tajikistan. If that is rejected I will apply for an in-person visa in Kazakhstan.

Hope some of that will be helpful for people in a similar situation, and if anyone has any comments on perhaps why I was rejected and what I should do moving forward that would be most appreciated.
Update: I've found a company who do a letter of invitation for a very reasonable price. Sent a couple details over whatsapp and received it back within an hour for 30 euros. The company is Discover the Pamirs and you can message their whatsapp +992 931201114
Recently - last 2 weeks - 2 UK passport holders used that company for a LOI. They were in Uzbekistan when they applied for an Evisa and GBOA. Wrote itinteray in Russian and English etc. Both exact same wording on applications. Lady rejected, husband approved. No refunds of course.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/pag ... =page_prev

Crazy situation.
A few years ago I heard that there were now Tourism police in Tajikistan. Maybe they are the ones who could help sort out this problem? No idea how to contact them though.
In every country I've been to tourist police have just been standard police officers, just ones who are more approachable and able to speak English, so I'm not sure if they have the connections to get visa decisions changed. I'll go with the embassy in Astana, hopefully they are a bit more lenient in the flesh, even if they do request a tip. Failing that, fly in from Tashkent to get a visa on arrival.
0 x

matt2matt2002
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:11 pm
x 9
x 4

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by matt2matt2002 »

jamesb.2810 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:41 pm
matt2matt2002 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:10 pm
jamesb.2810 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm


Update: I've found a company who do a letter of invitation for a very reasonable price. Sent a couple details over whatsapp and received it back within an hour for 30 euros. The company is Discover the Pamirs and you can message their whatsapp +992 931201114
Recently - last 2 weeks - 2 UK passport holders used that company for a LOI. They were in Uzbekistan when they applied for an Evisa and GBOA. Wrote itinteray in Russian and English etc. Both exact same wording on applications. Lady rejected, husband approved. No refunds of course.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/pag ... =page_prev

Crazy situation.
A few years ago I heard that there were now Tourism police in Tajikistan. Maybe they are the ones who could help sort out this problem? No idea how to contact them though.
In every country I've been to tourist police have just been standard police officers, just ones who are more approachable and able to speak English, so I'm not sure if they have the connections to get visa decisions changed. I'll go with the embassy in Astana, hopefully they are a bit more lenient in the flesh, even if they do request a tip. Failing that, fly in from Tashkent to get a visa on arrival.
Oh! I hadn't realized that UK folks could get a visa on arrival?
How long is it for? And I guess the GBOA has to be got later?
Thanks
0 x
SIGNATURE
2014 Scottish End2End 1 month
2015 Pamir Highway Tajikistan & Kyrgyzstan for 2 months
2016 Sri Lanka for 1+ month.
2017 Herbrides Lewis Harris 3 weeks
2018 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 4 weeks.
On a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.

jamesb.2810
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 12:32 pm
x 1

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by jamesb.2810 »

matt2matt2002 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:34 am
jamesb.2810 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:41 pm
matt2matt2002 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:10 pm


Recently - last 2 weeks - 2 UK passport holders used that company for a LOI. They were in Uzbekistan when they applied for an Evisa and GBOA. Wrote itinteray in Russian and English etc. Both exact same wording on applications. Lady rejected, husband approved. No refunds of course.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/pag ... =page_prev

Crazy situation.
A few years ago I heard that there were now Tourism police in Tajikistan. Maybe they are the ones who could help sort out this problem? No idea how to contact them though.
In every country I've been to tourist police have just been standard police officers, just ones who are more approachable and able to speak English, so I'm not sure if they have the connections to get visa decisions changed. I'll go with the embassy in Astana, hopefully they are a bit more lenient in the flesh, even if they do request a tip. Failing that, fly in from Tashkent to get a visa on arrival.
Oh! I hadn't realized that UK folks could get a visa on arrival?
How long is it for? And I guess the GBOA has to be got later?
Thanks
Yeah we can only in Dushanbe airport. Officially you have to fill out some online pre-approval process but I've heard of people just turning up and getting it then. 45 days, have to get GBAO later. Information is scarce but from what I see it's $55 cash only
0 x

matt2matt2002
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:11 pm
x 9
x 4

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by matt2matt2002 »

jamesb.2810 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:50 am
matt2matt2002 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:34 am
jamesb.2810 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:41 pm


In every country I've been to tourist police have just been standard police officers, just ones who are more approachable and able to speak English, so I'm not sure if they have the connections to get visa decisions changed. I'll go with the embassy in Astana, hopefully they are a bit more lenient in the flesh, even if they do request a tip. Failing that, fly in from Tashkent to get a visa on arrival.
Oh! I hadn't realized that UK folks could get a visa on arrival?
How long is it for? And I guess the GBOA has to be got later?
Thanks
Yeah we can only in Dushanbe airport. Officially you have to fill out some online pre-approval process but I've heard of people just turning up and getting it then. 45 days, have to get GBAO later. Information is scarce but from what I see it's $55 cash only
Where will you fly into Dushanbe from?
I'm from UK. Flights pretty expensive flying from Istanbul to Dushanbe. Tough choice; Between flying in from Istanbul or Tashkent.
0 x
SIGNATURE
2014 Scottish End2End 1 month
2015 Pamir Highway Tajikistan & Kyrgyzstan for 2 months
2016 Sri Lanka for 1+ month.
2017 Herbrides Lewis Harris 3 weeks
2018 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 4 weeks.
On a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.

jamesb.2810
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 12:32 pm
x 1

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by jamesb.2810 »

Probably Tashkent as I’ll be making my way there by land
0 x

enduro2
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:51 pm
x 1

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by enduro2 »

Hi,

I (German citizen) applied for an e-Visa and GBAO permit some weeks ago. I was asked to upload a better scan of my passport, which I did. Then I was asked to upload more information on my trip ("tickets, hotel booking information and etc."). I uploaded my flight tickets an hotel bookings for the first three nights in Dushanbe and Khorog. Then I was asked to upload a detailed plan of my trip, so I wrote them exactly from which spot to spot I plan to hike on every single day. Then I was asked to upload " a letter from the local travel company that invites you". Well, I travel on my own, so there is no travel company involved. I uploaded a document in which I explained this fact and my visa was rejected without further explanation.

Do you have any ideas what I could do? Is it mandatory to have an invitation letter from a travel company?
0 x

CaptainHugito
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:21 am
x 11
x 1

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by CaptainHugito »

Reading some of these posts, I’m glad I didn’t bother with the e-visa application (I just needed the GBAO permit). I reached out to Discover the Pamirs and received what I needed within a week for $30. Of course the e-visa gives you more time & flexibility in the country but 30 days-visa-free is more than what I need anyway.
0 x

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post