Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
chamcn

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by chamcn »

Just to update:

The Tajik embassy in Bishkek no longer offers tourist visas, only business visa. They say tourist visas are only available on arrival in Dushanbe or via the e-visa platform.

Also note it is not possible to get a multiple entry tourist visa on arrival.

I also heard from a tour operator when I told them I have had trouble being able to pay the $50 e-visa fee that:
"All the banking systems are passing to a new system, and the transition to a new system will take at least 3 weeks, as they informed. No one is able to pay for a visa for the time being."
2 x

pshp

Post by pshp »

This is ridiculous - due to technical issues they've essentially closed their land borders to tourists :lol:

I'm also having problems with payment. Out of desperation I'm now trying with the agent recommended by caravanistan. Fingers crossed.
chamcn wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:18 am
Just to update:

The Tajik embassy in Bishkek no longer offers tourist visas, only business visa. They say tourist visas are only available on arrival in Dushanbe or via the e-visa platform.

Also note it is not possible to get a multiple entry tourist visa on arrival.

I also heard from a tour operator when I told them I have had trouble being able to pay the $50 e-visa fee that:
"All the banking systems are passing to a new system, and the transition to a new system will take at least 3 weeks, as they informed. No one is able to pay for a visa for the time being."
0 x

Tomagone

Post by Tomagone »

pshp wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:27 pm
This is ridiculous - due to technical issues they've essentially closed their land borders to tourists :lol:

I'm also having problems with payment. Out of desperation I'm now trying with the agent recommended by caravanistan. Fingers crossed.
I've been in touch with him too but not heard back after asking about the payment issue. Let us know if you have more luck
0 x

nmb013

Post by nmb013 »

spantrout wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:50 am
nmb013 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:07 pm
spantrout wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:09 pm
As promised, an update.

Just received my e-visa by e-mail about an hour ago.

Whole process 17 days start to finish.
So how long was your application in "Validation in Progress"? Mine has been stuck there for 3 days so far. Thanks!
Did your visa come through yet??
It did! Took exactly the same amount of time, 17 days start to finish.
1 x

spantrout

Post by spantrout »

glad to hear it
0 x

RidingABikeSomewhere

Post by RidingABikeSomewhere »

pshp wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:27 pm
This is ridiculous - due to technical issues they've essentially closed their land borders to tourists
And in so doing, they are probably condemning some families in Gorno-Badakhshan to a hungry year, since passing travelers are one of the few sources of cash in that region, besides the Aga Khan’s efforts. Not that the Tajikistan authorities have ever cared much about the Badakhshanis, though.

If people manage to pay for the e-visa application through a fixer (whether Caravanistan’s recommended fixer or another agency), please report here. I’m telling other travelers on a cyclist group that payment is not working for anyone right now, but I don’t know whether to recommend going through a fixer or not.
0 x

nailblue

Post by nailblue »

E-Visa Issuance Experience:
I'm in South Korea. I needed a GBAO permit, started applying for e-visa.

First Attempt:
4/28: First visa application, payment failed
4/30: Payment completed
5/1: Request for a scanned passport photo
5/6: Request for travel plans (tickets, hotel booking information, etc.)
5/13: Visa issued.
A week later, I realized I had applied with my first and last names swapped, so I needed to reapply.

Second Attempt:
5/27: Second visa application, payment completed, included all requested documents from the first attempt
6/7 : moved to the review stage
6/10: Visa issued.
During the first try, they response came after 4 days. so I thought the visa would be issued quickly in 2nd. but there was no change almost 10 days. sent two inquiry emails but did not receive any response.

If you need e-visa for GBAO,
I strongly recommend applying at least 3 weeks in advance.
0 x

pshp

Post by pshp »

I payed the fixer recommended by caravanistan 2 days ago. He said it can't be approved until it has been payed for, so even this route doesn't work.

He took our 70$ though, so hopefully he can get us some more information :roll: . I will update this thread as soon as I hear anything.
RidingABikeSomewhere wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:35 pm
If people manage to pay for the e-visa application through a fixer (whether Caravanistan’s recommended fixer or another agency), please report here. I’m telling other travelers on a cyclist group that payment is not working for anyone right now, but I don’t know whether to recommend going through a fixer or not.
0 x

asier

Post by asier »

Thinking that the evisa payment won't work soon, I'm looking for differents ways to get in the country. As a spanish citizen I don't need visa to stay less than 30 days (for me is enough). But I want to get in from kyrgyzstan side (kyzyl-art pass), so I need GBOA pernit. I think to get GBAO permit I need to get a visa and in Biskhek don't grant tourist visa now. So I think that this way won't be work.I'm right? Please, tell me that I'm wrong. Someone can confirm that?
0 x

phase.space

Post by phase.space »

I've been trying to make payment for an eVisa application all day. I've tried multiple cards, different browsers, submitting new applications, and nothing has worked. Has anyone had any recent success? Ideas?
0 x