Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
shevgim

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by shevgim »

jamesb.2810 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:24 pm
I got 14, when you fill in the details in advance online you can select from a list of set options. I told the worker I would just be there for 9 days but would prefer 14 for more flexibility and she took no issue with this.
Thank for your information! Did you apply your standard visa through www.visa.gov.tj? Also, what kind of documents did you submit? Many Thanks! The evisa situation on the payment issue was driving me crazy!
0 x

jamesb.2810

Post by jamesb.2810 »

Yes I applied there with no online payments involved. I had to submit passport scan, letter of invitation, a photo of the license of the tourist company that invited me which you’ll have to request from them, a passport photo of myself and a copy of my last Tajikistan visa. I didn’t have a previous visa so I just submitted a photo of some text stating I didn’t have one.
0 x

shevgim

Post by shevgim »

thank you so much for your information! do you mind sharing which tourist company did you enrol coz I assume that you got your letter of invitation from them, right?
0 x

jamesb.2810

Post by jamesb.2810 »

I used discover the pamirs, but their license was still being processed so they sent me a LOI from another company that had a license free of charge: “Pamir Eco Tourism”
0 x

pshp

Post by pshp »

The e visa payment system is now fixed.

I have just payed successfully :D
2 x

stanwaerts

Post by stanwaerts »

Same here!
Payment went through, when I tried it again some minutes ago.
1 x

Shilpa

Post by Shilpa »

Successfully got a same day visa from the embassy in Almaty after filling in the online application the previous day. Had to bring hard copies of the application and all the documents and pay 58000 tenge. I have a UK passport.
0 x

Pasympa

Post by Pasympa »

Hi,

Just got confirmation of application for the evisa, with a GBAO permit (Swiss passport). Did not ask for bookings, just address of one place where I would stay. Payment got through on the second try. Will update on outcome.
0 x

Sotres

Post by Sotres »

stanwaerts wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:13 pm
Same here!
Payment went through, when I tried it again some minutes ago.
Hi pshp, stanwaerts and Pasympa (and all others that, like me, have applied for the e-visa after the banking system came back to work). Have you heard anything yet? I got a first message: need a better passport photo. Then another one: now they need bookings...
I am not travelling with an agency, (been travelling by land for the last four months), and after reading so many different things I am getting worried that my e-visa could get refused...thanks for your comments :)
0 x

stanwaerts

Post by stanwaerts »

Hey Sotres,

I was just about to report here anyway, because we got news just this afternoon. Here is our timeline:

17 June - application successfully submitted, but we could not pay for it because the payment system was shut down (see comments above)
We attached a hostel booking, passport copy (German) and profile pictures. Set our entry date to June 28.

24 June. 17:06 - could pay for the visa as the payment system was working again.

29 June. 14:44 - we were asked to "attach more information about your trip plan (tickets, hotel booking information and etc.)"

29 June. ~16:00 - uploaded two new hotel bookings (Khujand and Dushanbe), a rough travel itineray in English and in Russian. Also we modified our entry date to July 2 (because June 28 was already in the past).

29 June. 16:23 - we were asked to "attach a letter from the local travel company that invites you"

29 June. ~17:00 - uploaded a short text explaing that we are traveling individually and therefore are not having any invitation letter in English and in Russian. I'll add our wording in the P. S.

30 June (Sunday!). 17:09 - got our visa rejected.

Unfortunately, we put a lot of hassle into getting the evisa. We wanted to do some longer hikes in Tajikistan which will be hard to do on the 30 days visa free time. Also, we encountered some issues with our registration card on our first visit to the country (there was a wrong date on our card and we had some trouble to leave Tajikistan). We really wanted to avoid all of this for our second visit now. Sad!

We really hope that you guys have more luck! Fingers are crossed!

P. S.: Here our wording explaining that we don't have a LOI
Dear Sir or Madam,

We are two individual backpackers. Currently, we are traveling in Central Asia.

We have applied for the evisa to Tajikistan and are looking forward very much to see your beautiful country!
We will travel within the country by local transport (busses, taxi) and on our own. We will enter Tajikistan via the land border with Uzbekistan (close to Tashkent) and plan to leave towards China (close to Murghab).
We are not part of a guided tour within Tajikistan. Thus, we don't have a tour operator and we don't have a letter of invitation.

We hope to receive a positive feedback from you.
All the best and kind regards,
Уважаемый Господин или Госпожа,

Мы два индивидуальных туриста. В настоящее время мы путешествуем по Центральной Азии.

Мы подали заявку на визу в Таджикистан и с нетерпением ждем возможности увидеть вашу прекрасную страну!
Путешествовать по стране будем на местном транспорте (автобусы, такси) и своим ходом. Мы въедем в Таджикистан через сухопутную границу с Узбекистаном (недалеко от Ташкента) и планируем отправиться в сторону Китая (недалеко от Мургаба).
Мы не участвуем в экскурсии по Таджикистану. Таким образом, у нас нет туроператора и нет письма-приглашения.

Мы надеемся получить от вас положительный отзыв.
Всего наилучшего и с уважением
0 x