When to apply for second Tajik e-visa

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
arsenal901

When to apply for second Tajik e-visa

Postby arsenal901 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi Guys,
My wife and I are planning on doing Osh to Dushanbe via the Pamir highway over 8 days and 7 nights starting on July 4. We want to go to Afghanistan for a day and are trying to figure out when to apply for our second tajik e-visa. Here is our tentative itinerary.

July 4 Osh- Kara kul lake (We will make our first entry into Tajikistan on this day)
July 5 Kara kul - Murghab
July 6 Murghab - Khorog
July 7 Khorog - Ishkashim
July 8 Ishkashim - Afghanistan tour
July 9 Afghanistan - Rushan
July 10 Rushan - Kalayhumb
July 11 Kalaikhumb - Dushanbe

Should we apply for our 2nd Tajik visa a day or two before we enter Tajikistan first time i.e. July 2 or July 3? Or do we have to apply for the 2nd tajik e-visa ONLY after we make the first entry into Tajikistan i.e. July 4?
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: When to apply for second Tajik e-visa

Postby steven » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:50 pm

From https://caravanistan.com/visa/tajikistan/#double-entry

However, do note that you cannot buy a second e-visa before you enter Tajikistan for the first time: border guards will stamp the newest visa, rendering the older e-visa invalid. This means that you will have to buy the second e-visa while you are already in Tajikistan. Print it, and hide it in your bag.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

cristiano

Postby cristiano » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:30 pm

steven wrote:From https://caravanistan.com/visa/tajikistan/#double-entry

However, do note that you cannot buy a second e-visa before you enter Tajikistan for the first time: border guards will stamp the newest visa, rendering the older e-visa invalid. This means that you will have to buy the second e-visa while you are already in Tajikistan. Print it, and hide it in your bag.

Steven, are you sure that this info is correct?
Can't you just not show the second evisa to the border guards at the first entry?

At this page I'm reading different information, and I know at least other 2 persons who asked 2 evisas before entering and had success (in 2018).

https://wandersimply.com/afghanistan-wakhan/
"Apply for a Tajik e-visa online here: https://www.evisa.tj/index.evisa.html. After you receive your e-visa, apply for a second Tajik e-visa online. You will need GBAO permits with both of your visas, and the total cost will be $140. You do not need to enter Tajikistan with your first e-visa before applying for the second e-visa."
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:35 am

Ok, that's new info. Will update in that case.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

arsenal901

Postby arsenal901 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:47 am

I can confirm that you CAN purchase 2 evisas before entering Tajikistan. I put different dates of entry and had them both approved before my first entry.

Upon my first entry, I gave them my evisa with earlier entry date (july 2). I used that visa to travel along the wakhan and then entered Afghanistan yesterday. I spent a day in Sultan Ishkashim and then came back to Tajikistan using my 2nd evisa with later entry date (july 4). I had no issues whatsoever.

Please update this info on the site as I fretted over this fact for a long time without getting any clear answers.
2 x