Visa on arrival Dushanbe

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Valikhanov

Visa on arrival Dushanbe

Post by Valikhanov »

Hi there,

I am somewhat confused about the requirements for obtaining a visa on arrival at Dushanbe airport.
While several websites claim that all you need is a passport (e.g. https://www.ivisa.com/tajikistan-blog/t ... on-arrival),
this official Tadjik site mentions an electronic application form. (http://www.tajembassy.org.uk/consular-s ... on-arrival)
Any experiences of what to bring?

I know that there is an easy way to get an e-visa, but since I collect visas and stamps, I want to have a sticker in my passport. That´s why I´d prefer the visa on arrival.

Thanks in advance!
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Visa on arrival Dushanbe

Post by Christian77 »

I helped a woman through the process (she didn't actually need help, but she was out of her comfort zone). She needed a pen, and that was it. They spoke English and they had all the paperwork to fill out at the consular office window (when you come down the stairs the window will be on your right).

But...everything changes. It's inconsistent. What works at 10am may not work at 4pm. It's Tajikistan. Someone will tell you a story about how a smiling consular officer who spoke perfect English walked them through a very easy process, and then someone else tells of a bureaucratic hell. They really are trying to help out tourists these days, but weird stuff happens (computer doesn't work, they run out of forms, untrained employee doesn't know what to do).

Also, I've seen both Turkish Airlines and Aviatraffic check for visas when you check into your flight. The employee you deal with may or may not accept your "visa on arrival" story instead of the e-visa in hand. And you may find that the whiter you are and the more effective your passport, the better luck you will have with both the airlines and the consular officer (I'm assuming that your forum name is a historical reference, not an indication of your ethnicity).

Based on recent stories, I would say that if you can get by the airlines people, you will get your visa on arrival. I haven't heard a recent story of anyone being put back on a flight or being given a "3 to 5 day and get out" visa...
3 x

Valikhanov

Post by Valikhanov »

Thank you, Christian.
I am planning to fly into Dushanbe with Somon Air from Almaty. Since I speak Russian, I am able to explain myself. So I think I´ll give it a try.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

Hello, somebody know if the Visa on arrival in Dushanbe airport still suspended? Or now is woking?
0 x

potschta

Post by potschta »

Iskandar wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:31 pm
Hello, somebody know if the Visa on arrival in Dushanbe airport still suspended? Or now is woking?
Could you find an answer?
Does anybody know, if Visa on arrival is still possible at Dushanbe airport? And for everybody?
Are the office open 24/7?
Where exactly is it? Probably before the passport control?
0 x

Barny1233

Re: Visa on arrival Dushanbe May 2023 Update

Post by Barny1233 »

Hi,

Just including a recent VOA experience at Dushanbe airport as of 5/05/2023 as 2 Brits getting into Tajikistan.

With E-Visa's seeming to take a few days/weeks to be approved, my friend and I decided to chance our luck getting a VOA after having flown in from Tashkent.

Despite the lack of clear information online about the ease or cost of getting a VOA at Dushanbe Airport, we asked at the Takikistan Embassy in Tashkent the day before flying in. They said it was possible as of current (May 2023).

Once we arrived at the airport we simply went downstairs to the Visa window and asked for a single entry 1 month tourist visa with receipt. The official said it was $55 per person. Very easy and quick process, the official spoke good english and seemed cheery. And just like that we had it...

However from talking with other travellers, no official prices seem to ever exist - Don't take $55 as a set price. Use it as a rough ballpark figure. Also make sure to ask for a receipt when buying it as it lowers the chance of the official charging some absurd price.

So as of May 2023 it is possible to get VOA as British Nationals and it should cost $55 BUT this is Tajikistan so you could have the complete opposite experience.

Hope this helps anyone worried about obtaining a VOA.
2 x

Dondar

Post by Dondar »

Hi , we arrived at Dushanbe airport today ( 29th May 2023) and got a Visa on Arrival. We are UK citizens and the process was very straightforward. As you walk into the passport control area there are 3 windows to your left with a VISA sign above them. A very helpful man sorted them out in less than 5 minutes. No need for copies of your passport or photographs just hand over your passport pay the $55 and you’re in !
0 x

Lagerfeld

Visa on arrival Dushanbe

Post by Lagerfeld »

Dondar, thank's a lot, this sounds very good.
Is this visa on arrival for 30 days and how many entrys you have now?
0 x

Dondar

Post by Dondar »

Hi sorry if this is too late but it was single entry for 60 days.
0 x

Lagerfeld

Visa on arrival Dushanbe

Post by Lagerfeld »

Hi, Dondar, never is something too late - thank's !
I'm still in Almaty with my camper mobile and I've heard, the Russian want to close the border for foreigner - BUT: I don't know if it's truth or not.

You stay in a hotel or hostel in Dushanbe? Is this a nice town? What about the prices for tourists in this place?

K. Lagerfeld
0 x