Haft Kul guesthouse reviews

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
steven
Admin
Admin

Haft Kul guesthouse reviews

Post by steven »

We are looking for reviews of the guesthouses in the 7 lakes area: Padrud, Nofin, Rogich and Mogiyon.

Have you been? Let us know your opinion!

More info on the 7 lakes at https://caravanistan.com/tajikistan/nor ... /haft-kul/
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Haft Kul guesthouse reviews

Post by Christian77 »

By Nofin Lake (4th lake) I stayed at the guesthouse marketed as "Juniper Branches Guesthouse," but known to the drivers and locals as "Jumaboy's Guesthouse." They are very well organized and the have a nice laminated piece of paper listing fixed prices for all the services. I forget what the charge was, but it was reasonable for a village guesthouse. The manager was able to find us a driver headed to Panjakent in the morning. Good, hearty food. Warm shower.

The family and guesthouse manager were very welcoming of the racially-mixed couple who arrived, unlike Panjakent and Norak where hotels assumed she was a travelling prostitute and caused us difficulties.
1 x

khorezmdan

Post by khorezmdan »

On a recommendation from our hotel in Panjakent, last week we stayed with Homestay Mijgon in Padrud (between 4 and 5 lakes). The owner, Tuichi, picked us and another pair up from our hotel in Panjakent and only charged 50USD total for the ride to the homestay and back to Panjakent (for door to door service on this 2.5 hour each way trip, this seemed more than fair!) He is also a guide with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the area. He can provide advice as well as guiding services if you would like to go on longer treks. The homestay was beautiful and comfortable, with a toilet, shower and good meals and hospitality. Tuichi even gave us rides to our next hiking adventures for additional charge, though it involved a full day 7-7 of mountain driving for him.

I would highly recommend Homestay Mijgon for visiting Haft Kul or for Fann Mountain guided trekking with Tuichi. Tell him the Uzbek-speaking American sent you!
1 x

cjs

Post by cjs »

I, too, stayed at Homestay Mijgon last week after hiking all the way from Alauddin. The owner (Boturov) speaks English, and the flush toilet and warm shower were very welcome. Meals are simple but good; I especially liked the copious amounts of watermelon for dinner. Boturov is an experienced mountain guide and can give good suggestions. I ended up staying two nights and doing a long Padrud-Zindovud Pass-Komichora Pass-Marguzor-Padrud day trip the second day, instead of a two-day Padrud-Rogich-Moghiyon which I had planned. I also met an English cyclist there who had somehow done his undergrad at the same place as me, but that's another story.

The nearby Marguzor Turbaza is open, but I didn't stay there and I heard from Boturov that it has some problems.
0 x

tom_pd

Post by tom_pd »

Thanks for sharing your experience with this guesthouse.
Could you kindly tell me how did you reserve the accomodation?
I tried on ZTDA website but I didn't find any form or other information to reserve a homestay.
Thank you
Tommaso
0 x

cjs

Post by cjs »

tom_pd wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:29 pm
Thanks for sharing your experience with this guesthouse.
Could you kindly tell me how did you reserve the accomodation?
I tried on ZTDA website but I didn't find any form or other information to reserve a homestay.
Thank you
Tommaso
I didn't reserve and just showed up. My first night there was one other guest, and the second night there was only me. If you want to reserve, the email is homestaymidgonATgmailDOTcom
1 x

squanderedhail

Post by squanderedhail »

I stayed in a homestay in Nofin (4th lake). It's called Two Junipers guesthouse (apparently, Jumaboy is a different guesthouse). It has a blue gate.

I paid $40 for two nights including meals. I was the only person staying there for the two days while there were more people in Jumaboy's guesthouse. English is not spoken, there is a translator book to communicate. The owner is a nice person but the communication barrier is quite large.

Hot showers were working. Meals were beef with homegrown potatoes for lunch and dinner. For breakfast it's usually eggs. Non and chai were also provided on every meal.
1 x