Tajikistan visa increased to 60 days

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Kalpazan

Re: Tajikistan visa increased to 60 days

Post by Kalpazan »

GBAO permit is of course all for money so once granted nobody really cares how often you go in and out of it. But with today's pandemic situation you never know when the next country will shut down its borders (not very likely to happen in summer) and if you have multiple entry visa you will be able to turn around and re-enter. I am not sure if it is more difficult to obtain multiple entry visa. Probably it is the same, just more expensive.
0 x

Jommeke

Post by Jommeke »

Hi,

My family is planning a trip to the Pamir in May-June.
I am trying to apply for a e-visa, because we would like to stay longer then 30 days.
On page two I try to upload a photo from our passports, but get an error: "The file is to large".
I tried other formats all smaller then 1 Mb without success.
Anyone else experiencing this problem?
I tried to get in touch with the e-visa office, but didn't´t get a reply yet.

Thanks

Start Life Exploring
http://facebook.com/TrisTransSaga
0 x

yossi

Post by yossi »

My Tajik visa experience:

In May and June 2022 I applied twice for a 60 days e-visa. Both times it took some weeks before i got an answer rejecting my application. This was with a German passport. Another application, with an Israeli passport resulted (again after a long time) with an e-mail inquiring more information on my journey plan. This i did not answer as i had already got a visa in the embassy. I heard from other travellers about e-visa application being rejected.

When my planned visit became near, and with the e-visa process being unfurtile, i went physically to the embassy in Tashkent to get a 45 days visa. the person there was reluctant: he said that i could enter with a 30 day visa given for free upon arrival. Later i heard from other travellers that he was right - they received this visa with no problem at the border (i heard it both from people who arrived at the Dushanbe airport and from people who entered Tajikistan by land). However, as i was already there, and was not sure if the on-the-point visa would work, I insisted on a 45 day visa. This was arranged trhough an agency in a basement acrross the street from the embassy. It cost 160 USD and was arranged within about 2 hours.

In Dushanbe I arranged a GBAO permit without problem in OVIR.

Eventually i am happy I took the 45 day visa, as 30 days were not enough for me for this beautiful country.

Upon leaving Tajikistan (by land) the officer at the border claimed that also with the 45 day visa I had to register after 30 days. I suspect that this is not right but was a way to extort money (corruption is so imbedded in Tajikistan!). To allow me go away he demanded 50 USD, but was satisfied with 40, which probably was also negotiable.
0 x